Steyr Evo 10 E vs Compact - Weight distribution

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pavanputhra

Steyr Evo 10 E vs Compact - Weight distribution

Post by pavanputhra »

I am planning to purchase Steyr Evo 10 E. I am confused whether to go with regular or compact version. Compact version is 5 cm less in length.

Main concern is if length of the pistol is longer, then centre of the weight will be further away from hand, which may strain the hand (shaky hand). What is your opinion on it?

Is there any advantage or disadvantage if I go for compact version?
Coolmeester

Re: Steyr Evo 10 E vs Compact - Weight distribution

Post by Coolmeester »

pavanputhra wrote:I am planning to purchase Steyr Evo 10 E. I am confused whether to go with regular or compact version. Compact version is 5 cm less in length.

Main concern is if length of the pistol is longer, then centre of the weight will be further away from hand, which may strain the hand (shaky hand). What is your opinion on it?

Go with the long one. Your muscles will adapt to the weight in front. Maybe you will even have to add some barrell shroud weights to get the maximum results. Longer barrell and longer sight radius is also plus.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
pavanputhra

Post by pavanputhra »

Thank you.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I am planning to purchase Steyr Evo 10 E. I am confused whether to go with regular or compact version. Compact version is 5 cm less in length.

There is a reason why Scott Pilkington will not sell you a long version unless you are currently shooting over something like 550.

If you are not you may regret buying the long for the reasons you have touched on.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

pavanputhra wrote:I am planning to purchase Steyr Evo 10 E. I am confused whether to go with regular or compact version. Compact version is 5 cm less in length.

This has been discussed at length (as it were...) before:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57377
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Nothing beats trying both and going with what feels best.