Floor Mat for Air Rifle Club Floor

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

lyoke

Floor Mat for Air Rifle Club Floor

Post by lyoke »

At our club, we have an air rifle range set up in our clubhouse. The floor is tile and our shooting boots slide quite a bit when practicing. I was thinking about getting a thin rubber mat to roll out during our practices in order to prevent slipping.

Does anyone do this or have any recommendations for thickness or material? I would just like to level the playing field so the shooters are not hindered by the tile or the rubber mat.
Tim S

Re: Floor Mat for Air Rifle Club Floor

Post by Tim S »

What rules are you competing under, ISSF, US NRA, NSRA?

I think ISSF rules prohibit individual mats, or adding any substance that increases traction.

Have you mentioned this to the club committee/secretary/owner/RCO. It seems like some new matting or covering for the whole firing point is needed.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

We have just done some research on this subject with a view to replacing the current floor covering in both our airgun and rimfire ranges. After considering various types and makes and obtaining samples, the product we have selected is this one in 7mm textured PVC:

https://r-tekmanufacturingltd.com/gym-flooring/

Rutty
Last edited by Rutty on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lyoke

Post by lyoke »

I would like to be in line with ISSF rules.

As it stands right now the room is a club meeting area with tile. My thought would be to roll out a strip across the firing points that would equalize the playing field for all shooters. I see in the rules that a substance cannot be placed to give someone an unfair advantage but this is not my goal.

I have not brought it up with the club's leadership as I wanted to read through the rules and get some opinions so I can come to them with a solution.