Anschutz rail accessories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Westporter

Anschutz rail accessories

Post by Westporter »

I have a recently completed target rifle with an Anschutz rail installed in the forearm to which I want to attach a palm rest. I have a factory palm rest for my vintage Walther target rifle; however I have discovered that the two are not compatible. The dovetail attachment device on the Walther palm rest will not fit the Anschutz rail. In looking around the used market, I have yet to find an Anschutz palm rest, and to complicate matters, there are the Al Freeland accessories, which I am guessing are different again. Any ideas on adapters?
Tim S

Re: Anschutz rail accessories

Post by Tim S »

I've never heard of a Walther-Anschutz rail adaptor, although I'm sure a machinist could make one as a custom piece. Walther were far less common than Anschutz until about 20 years ago, roughly when they switched from the old dovetail to an Anschutz t-slot rail. Because of this there were fewer Walther accessories.

If you find a Freeland palmrest, Freeland rails are available.

As an alternative, coach bolts can be filed to fit an Anschutz rail to attach home-made raiser blocks.
Environs

Post by Environs »

Hi Something like this?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/huntin ... f225f8726b

Cheers
Glen
beye

Post by beye »

Concerning the Freeland palmrests; Freeland made a model to fit American rails like the 40XB and Win. 52 D/E and also made a model to fit the Anschutz rail.
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

Toilet bowl bolts can more easily be fitted by filing the heads a bit thinner and filing a bit off of the sides. It is possible to find them in brass as well as plated steel.