Handle fit

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Evo678

Handle fit

Post by Evo678 »

How do you know if my handle fits properly ? What I am referring to here is mostly how tight should it be ? I take an xtra large glove and thought when I bought my Evo 10 that I should get an extra large handle. However it is not very snug because the bottom will not come up far enough.
saran

Re: Handle fit

Post by saran »

I have a similar problem with my medium size, left handed Morini grip.

Two suggestions:

1. Try to fit a piece of folded paper between the upper part of the grip and your hand (where your thumb meets the palm.) You may feel the pistol a bit more stable in the hand. That confirmed, do a permanent adjustment with epoxy or grip compound.

2. Test the overall hand contact with the grip. Keep your hand holding the pistol grip for 20 to 30 minutes (for instance, you may perform 20 to 30 shots without letting of the grip.) When you take your hand off, check for white and red spots in your palm. They show where your grip have too much material and where it need to be filled to achieve even pressure and maximum contact surface between grip and hand.
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

However it is not very snug because the bottom will not come up far enough.
I have this problem also. My remedy :- cut a piece of balsa wood to the shape of the palm shelf and attach it with some double sided tape.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Or buy a L grip and sell the XL one. The money difference will be minimal and the comfort and aesthetics will be huge.