Russian parts

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Russian parts

Post by Rover »

Spotted this on another website. Hope it helps.

http://airgunsforum.com/showthread.php?t=616
sparky

Re: Russian parts

Post by sparky »

Great find. I've saved his seller ID on ebay in case I ever need it.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Really? Who would risk extreme fines and/or a term in US federal prison over purchasing a banned part for an air pistol?

OFAC-

11. Who must comply with OFAC regulations?

U.S. persons must comply with OFAC regulations, including all U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens regardless of where they are located, all persons and entities within the United States, all U.S. incorporated entities and their foreign branches. In the cases of certain programs, foreign subsidiaries owned or controlled by U.S. companies also must comply. Certain programs also require foreign persons in possession of U.S.-origin goods to comply. [01-15-15]

12. How much are the fines for violating these regulations?

The fines for violations can be substantial. In many cases, civil and criminal penalties can exceed several million dollars. Civil penalties vary by sanctions program, and the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act of 1990, as amended by the Federal Civil Penalty Inflation Adjustment Act Improvements Act of 2015, requires OFAC to adjust civil monetary penalty amounts annually. For current penalty amounts, see section V.B.2.a of Appendix A to OFAC’s Economic Sanctions Enforcement Guidelines at 31 C.F.R Part 501. [03-08-17]

Say hello to Bubba, when you get to prison!
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Just be thankful Rover's post was not about Russian war brides...:-)
sparky

Post by sparky »

m1963 wrote:Really? Who would risk extreme fines and/or a term in US federal prison over purchasing a banned part for an air pistol?

OFAC-

11. Who must comply with OFAC regulations?

U.S. persons must comply with OFAC regulations, including all U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens regardless of where they are located, all persons and entities within the United States, all U.S. incorporated entities and their foreign branches. In the cases of certain programs, foreign subsidiaries owned or controlled by U.S. companies also must comply. Certain programs also require foreign persons in possession of U.S.-origin goods to comply. [01-15-15]

12. How much are the fines for violating these regulations?

The fines for violations can be substantial. In many cases, civil and criminal penalties can exceed several million dollars. Civil penalties vary by sanctions program, and the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act of 1990, as amended by the Federal Civil Penalty Inflation Adjustment Act Improvements Act of 2015, requires OFAC to adjust civil monetary penalty amounts annually. For current penalty amounts, see section V.B.2.a of Appendix A to OFAC’s Economic Sanctions Enforcement Guidelines at 31 C.F.R Part 501. [03-08-17]

Say hello to Bubba, when you get to prison!
What's banned? Got a list? Does it include new items or used items too?
10M_Stan

Post by 10M_Stan »

It would be nice if a similar fellow (or his evil twin) from Russia would sell Baikal IZH-35M spare parts. I would buy a couple and risk the wrath of the US government (charges of collusion?) over non-imported spare parts for a .22lr pistol. Perhaps my tolerance for risk is higher than most? I'm thinking about making some of the parts, as another a hobby, within an hobby, within a hobby (this becomes a slippery slope, BTW).
Rover

Post by Rover »

Since the guy is obviously peddling his parts here in the US, why not just ask HIM what's going on rather than spread fear and loathing.

Have any of your fellow shooters been dragged away by jack-booted thugs while being flailed with their capitalistic truncheons? (Except in England.)
m1963

Post by m1963 »

What is banned?

Short reply, anything made by Izhmash and Kalshinkov, that was not in the US prior to the ban.

Long reply, see here-
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-cente ... 40716.aspx

Why not take a risk and buy something? Why not ask the guy selling the items if it is legal for you to import something?

I say, go ahead. Do whatever you want. Buy whatever you want. However, ignorance of the law is not a defense at trial.

There are no hysterics here, just facts. Use them, flaunt them, ignore them, or do as you see fit.

Good night, and good luck!
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I PMed him through the air guns forum about .22LR - 35M parts couple of days ago but have had no reply.

His eBay shop is all air gun parts.

Bob
Tony C.

Post by Tony C. »

I bought 2 IZH 35M magazine from egun:

http://www.egun.de/market/

a European shooting sport auction site a couple of years ago without any problem. YMMV.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Thanks Tony, I am aware of the egun website but thought that as this guy lives in the city where the Baikals are made there’d be more chance of him being able to get some of the more difficult to locate parts such as extractors.

Bob