Is FWB P11 Piccolo good?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
javaduke

Is FWB P11 Piccolo good?

Post by javaduke »

I'm looking for an air pistol recommendation for my son. He's 14 but he has really small hands, and my Morini 162 with medium grip is too heavy and uncomfortable for him. I found an FWB P11 Piccolo on Pyramid Air, wondering if it's a good enough for 10m competitions. Any first hand experience?
BTW, he tried single stroke pistols but he gets tired too quickly, so that's why I'm looking for a PCP option.
SamEEE

Re: Is FWB P11 Piccolo good?

Post by SamEEE »

LP2 Compact is another option. You could also try the Morini 162 Short, but that is scarcely lighter than the 162
Mind you, everything seems heavy unless you're using it often.

The small FWB looks kind of cheap.
Image Image
william

Post by william »

I have no first or secondhand knowledge of the P11 (in these parts it's often no disqualification from commenting on it anyway).

What I'd add to the discussion is to suggest you look at the Pardini "Kid" to see if it fills the bill, or consider a used TAU7 Junior. They show up in the mid $400 range, and it's a good quality low cost way to find out whether he's going to stick around in the sport. If he changes his mind, you'll be able to sell it for pretty much all your money as long as it's still working. Or be prepared to lose more than a couple of weeks of his allowance on the Pardini / FWB resale.
wmt3rd

Post by wmt3rd »

Not mine, but this might work viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51775
Mack
william

Post by william »

wmt3rd wrote:Not mine, but this might work viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51775
If the pistol of interest, make an offer. That price should be negotiable.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

The P11 Picollo would suit your sons needs perfectly. It was designed for such needs and shoots as well as the p44 compact. With the bonus of sub 800 grn weight.
45ACP223

Post by 45ACP223 »

The Piccolo would be great! I shot one for a couple of years and really liked it. Light weight, fully adjustable trigger, grips. I replaced the black grip for a P44 adjustable target grip and I held my own with the good shooters in my club. We have one woman using one and she loves it, I think it would be great for a Junior.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Don't have a Piccolo, but I can assure you that FWB has the best aftermarket service in the industry. If you have any issues, they will fix the problem in short order.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Check the price of the FWB P11 piccolo compared to the Steyr LP2 compact.

Then it's an easy choice in my opinion as the FWB is overpriced for what is it.

My 12 year old daughter shoots an LP2 compact it only weighs 800grams.
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

Neal Stepp at http://www.iss-internationalshootersservice.com/ is worth a call to. His prices are sometimes really competitive.
OTD

Post by OTD »

The P11 is a well made pistol and has everything it needs for an entry level, but it does not have a cut off for dry-firing practices. The full cylinder has to be disconnected or an empty one has to be used for such training. You might check the manual first before you decide. It’s available form the FWB site.