Irises for KK300 Anatomic

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

VicRC87

Irises for KK300 Anatomic

Post by VicRC87 »

I just bought a KK300 Anatomic with the INSIGHT-OUT sights, but it wont arrive until the end of the week I am looking to purchase an iris that will fit this kind of sight, from the people that have them, which iris do you recommend that fits this rifle and where can i get it from?

Thank you in advance
Tim S

Re: Irises for KK300 Anatomic

Post by Tim S »

Any regular Gehmann or Centre iris will fit the rearsight. Walther, Anschutz, FWB, and others settled on a standard thread for the eyepiece many years ago (something like 9.5 x 1mm). BSA (Parker-Hale) and some of the Russian brands use non-standard threads; Gehmann do make irises to fit some of these, but you have to ask specially.

The foresight is a standard M18 size Centra from memory, so any M18 size Centra or Gehmann iris will screw in.
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

I just helped a friend unbox his Anatomic yesterday; the front is M18 and the rear is the standard iris thread, as Tim S. stated.

As for where to buy, the For Sale forum here sometimes has one or two, or any of the usual places (Champion's Choice, Champion Shooters Supply, 10pt9, Neal Stepp, etc.) can help.

Have fun with your Anatomic; it was really hard to not steal my buddy's rifle yesterday, it was so comfortable. Lucky for him the grip was too small for me :-)
VicRC87

Post by VicRC87 »

Thank you all for your information.