sighting in new pellet pistol issues

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Brainblade

sighting in new pellet pistol issues

Post by Brainblade »

I have a new Steyr LP10E with a long barrel. Sighted in. Have used all the rear sight adjustment to bring pellet impact down near zero. Is there any other way to depress the impact point? Taller front sight?
Brainblade

Re: sighting in new pellet pistol issues

Post by Brainblade »

10 meter distance was used
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I'm guessing that you're trying to aim at the centre of the target.

Remember that most modern air pistol sights are designed for area aiming below the black; the most common and "recommended" technique.

A taller front sight will bring the point of impact down. I seem to remember that Steyr used to sell them. Not sure if they still do.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Brainblade wrote:I have a new Steyr LP10E with a long barrel. Sighted in. Have used all the rear sight adjustment to bring pellet impact down near zero. Is there any other way to depress the impact point? Taller front sight?
Have you used all the rear sight travel? Or, has it hit the grip? (This can happen especially if the grip is adjusted to have a lot of rake).

Check if it's hit the grip and if it has you can either grind the offending wood away, or remove the grip and adjust it's position with the 6 grip adjusting screws (you can keep the same rake, just make the grip lower).

If you have really run out of rear sight travel, then you do need a taller front sight. But you can test that theory by removing it and adding shims (cut from AP targets?) underneath to make it taller. I shot a Walther GSP for years with a shim like that under the sight.
Rover

Post by Rover »

[/quote]If you have really run out of rear sight travel, then you do need a taller front sight. But you can test that theory by removing it and adding shims (cut from AP targets?) underneath to make it taller. I shot a Walther GSP for years with a shim like that under the sight.[/quote]

Silly boy, you're supposed to use beer cans for shim stock. You can cut them with an ordinary scissor.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Rover wrote:Silly boy, you're supposed to use beer cans for shim stock. You can cut them with an ordinary scissor.
I can't be trusted with scissors after emptying the beer cans...
Rover

Post by Rover »

Just keep emptying the beer cans until you can't run with scissors.
django

Post by django »

Have you try adjust 4 cute tiny crew inside your grip ???
Brainblade

Post by Brainblade »

thanks, everyone. yes that is for impact at point of aim. It works fine for 6 O'clock hold.
beer is ok, after shooting. :)