Albert Forter

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Robertham1

Albert Forter

Post by Robertham1 »

I recently picked up a .22 target rifle that is stamped A. Furter Olten.

It looks like a Tanner, has dual firing pins, and a unique set trigger. I am having a hard time find out any information on the rifle. Any suggestions
Gwhite

Re: Albert Forter

Post by Gwhite »

Robertham1 wrote:I recently picked up a .22 target rifle that is stamped A. Furter Olten.

It looks like a Tanner, has dual firing pins, and a unique set trigger. I am having a hard time find out any information on the rifle. Any suggestions
How about not looking in the pistol forum?
ElBosco

Post by ElBosco »

Even if the question is in the wrong board: Albert Furter was a Swiss gunmaker with a shop in Olten, Switzerland, which still exists, but with a new owner. Most of the rifles Albert Furter sold were designed and made by Stefan Dobler, who worked till 1991 for Albert Furter and has now his own gun shop in Gelterkinden, Switzerland, with the email adress < info@waffen-dobler.ch>. If anybody can, it is probably Stefan Dobler who might be able to give you some information about your rifle.
Robertham1

Post by Robertham1 »

Thank you for that information ElBosco

I had started another thread right after realizing I was posting in the wrong section, but thanks. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50968