Isakov and Walther LP400

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

Isakov and Walther LP400

Post by conradin »

IIRC Isakov's victory in the WCF Munich is the maiden world level victory (Olympics, WCH, WC, WCF) of the Walther LP400 pistol.
william

Re: Isakov and Walther LP400

Post by william »

So what? Let Walther beat their own drum.
conradin

Post by conradin »

It is not about blowing your horn, nor about "lets all go buy a LP400". I posted this to see if anyone has any explanation why what I see (in the market) the most expensive air pistol has so little success.

I find it fascinating because I have seen many rich kids buy that model (no doubt mom pays for it) yet the success rate of the model in competition is close to zero in winning international tournament. The matchguns MGH1 actually won more tournaments than this Walther.
Recently a lot of competitors went back to the Morini CM162Ei (no doubt following Jin's footsteps) as I notice the drop in using the Steyr.

I wonder if this has anything to do with it using the mechanical trigger. (No, this is not ME blowing horns about electronic trigger either). Pardini has also not won in ages.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Don't you think instead that Isakov's skill had something to do with the win?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Don't mess with Conradin. He's trying to justify to himself the purchase of the Walther.

He'll buy it.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Trigger-wise my LP400 was a bit of a disappointment out of the box but quality of build was truly excellent. It's really well set up now after a bit of work with springs and screws.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

And I don’t nEEd battEriEs!
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

conradin wrote:It is not about blowing your horn, nor about "lets all go buy a LP400". I posted this to see if anyone has any explanation why what I see (in the market) the most expensive air pistol has so little success.

I find it fascinating because I have seen many rich kids buy that model (no doubt mom pays for it) yet the success rate of the model in competition is close to zero in winning international tournament. The matchguns MGH1 actually won more tournaments than this Walther.
Recently a lot of competitors went back to the Morini CM162Ei (no doubt following Jin's footsteps) as I notice the drop in using the Steyr.

I wonder if this has anything to do with it using the mechanical trigger. (No, this is not ME blowing horns about electronic trigger either). Pardini has also not won in ages.
Given that both his qualification score and finals score are below the world records, are you suggesting that the LP400 is inferior?

OR...
for any of the top Air Pistol competitors, could it be that the shooter is more important that the tool?

Crap equipment is just that: but for top level pistols (and there are a number) it is the rider, not the horse.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

it is the rider, not the horse.

surely a mix of both.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

What i found far more interesting was just before the last olympics the walther shooting team stoped using walther free pistols and went to using toz 35s
therider

Post by therider »

i have another explanation for Isakov victory.
The others shot so badly that Isakov won despite the LP400
Rover

Post by Rover »

I like the way you think!
David M

Post by David M »

Rover wrote:Don't mess with Conradin. He's trying to justify to himself the purchase of the Walther.

He'll buy it.
But what will he buy....
With 4 models of LP400 pistol x 2 different tank sizes = a choice of 8 pistols....
But wait, after 3 mfg. revisions of valve and trigger, that makes 24 possible pistols versions....
Oh dear....
william

Post by william »

David M wrote:
Rover wrote:Don't mess with Conradin. He's trying to justify to himself the purchase of the Walther.

He'll buy it.
But what will he buy....
With 4 models of LP400 pistol x 2 different tank sizes = a choice of 8 pistols....
But wait, after 3 mfg. revisions of valve and trigger, that makes 24 possible pistols versions....
Oh dear....
We'll just havE to wait and seE (oops! He doesn't do the funny E thing anymore).
conradin

Post by conradin »

No thanks, I'm done buying. I will never need to buy another air pistol again. Happy with mine. When I am done shooting period it is going to my niece.
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

How sad. Was just happy to receive a little Christmas bonus because of a dozen sold airpistols...
Rover

Post by Rover »

Don't be sad; Conradin will buy one. He, like so many others on here, are convinced they can buy points.
therider

Post by therider »

By the way... What about the emorragy of professional shooters from steyr to morini?
Any comments?
And there are more to come....I have been chatting in Munich few days ago to one of those who will next time be using 162ei after dropping lp10 in the bin!
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

David M wrote:

He'll buy it.
But what will he buy....
Oh dear....

Just for interest what are the differences in valves and triggers in the three manufacturing versions?
Europa

Post by Europa »

I just purchased the carbon (long) version. A light and well-made pistol, the trigger is better than I expected. The grip and sights are sensibly designed; a pleasure to shoot.