Walther CP2 cylinder seal replacement

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PaulB

Walther CP2 cylinder seal replacement

Post by PaulB »

Can the seal(s) in a Walther CP2 CO2 cylinder be replaced as a DIY project? If so, are the "actual" seals available or do I just try to find a commercially available alternative. I also note that Walther lists CP2 cylinders for sale on their website. I assume that these are of new manufacture and not ones that they have had laying around for 20 years, correct?
David Levene

Re: Walther CP2 cylinder seal replacement

Post by David Levene »

PaulB wrote:I assume that these are of new manufacture and not ones that they have had laying around for 20 years, correct?
I suggest that you ask them.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I would be very interested in their response. We have a couple CP2's that I assumed are in the "only good for practice & local matches" category because their cylinders have "expired".
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

CP2 parts are (were) available from Earl's Repair Service, Inc. O-rings seemed a bit expensive, though. I have been using the common variety from the hardware store. They do not last, but I'm not shooting much AP these days, so they're OK for my current needs.
Pfelicio

Post by Pfelicio »

I own a cp2 and refurbished it last year for my son.The O rings for de cilinders I got from walther cost around 7€ each AND lasted around 4 Month ( rechrarching 4x a week) After trying several types of commercial O rings from a local shop I finally got the right compound; NBR 90 14x3mm This "hard" nbr type resists well to freezing and to the mechanical forces applied ( other where OK when new but expand 2 much w co2 low temp and got wrecked by the adapter when screwing\unscrewing) ....unscrewing the bottle from pistol with a expanded o ring may ruin the bottle brass internal screw, be careful!
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

Pfelicio wrote:I own a cp2 and refurbished it last year for my son.The O rings for de cilinders I got from walther cost around 7€ each AND lasted around 4 Month ( rechrarching 4x a week) After trying several types of commercial O rings from a local shop I finally got the right compound; NBR 90 14x3mm This "hard" nbr type resists well to freezing and to the mechanical forces applied ( other where OK when new but expand 2 much w co2 low temp and got wrecked by the adapter when screwing\unscrewing) ....unscrewing the bottle from pistol with a expanded o ring may ruin the bottle brass internal screw, be careful!
Thank you for this info. I plan to file it away for some use a little later, (of course, hoping I can remember where I filed it, or how to find this thread again)...
mhs

Post by mhs »

Protek Supplies has them, 10 for around $30 shipped to the US. I've gotten parts for my old LGR and CPM-1 from them on two occasions, no problems. For shipping to the US email them and ask for instructions, they get back to you in a day or two.

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/walther-spares.html