FWB102 grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tinky

FWB102 grips

Post by tinky »

Lucky enough to have a FWB 102.Grip has a number 1 stamped on the bottom.Who knows what it signifies?Size?The grips are similar to other FWB's I've seen.This pistol seems like it's grips are bigger than others that i have held.Haven't found any other markings on them and they do adjust to the "rake".There are finger grooves on them.
kevinweiho

Re: FWB102 grips

Post by kevinweiho »

Grip sizes are normally stamped on the bottom of the grips or marked with a pencil within the grip. I suppose the number is probably the inspector/assembly/quality number.
FredB

Post by FredB »

kevinweiho wrote:Grip sizes are normally stamped on the bottom of the grips or marked with a pencil within the grip. I suppose the number is probably the inspector/assembly/quality number.
When the Steyr APs first came out, their grips had sizes stamped on the bottom using a number system. IIRC number 1 was the standard RH medium and 3 was RH small. The even numbers were for the LH grips. My memory may be way off regarding the specific numbers, but numbers stamped on the bottom can definitely indicate sizing.
tinky

Post by tinky »

Thanks for the input.Carel has a FWB100 on AA now.Pictures appear to be the identical grips and they also have (1)stamped on them.Mine are larger than I'm used to and cleaning hasn't removed enough "slipperyness"from them.I'm wondering if a different size would help but can't be sure of what to look for.If these are a number 1,should I look for a number 2,3,4,5, or 0?If only Rover would get involved.
FredB

Post by FredB »

tinky wrote:Thanks for the input.Carel has a FWB100 on AA now.Pictures appear to be the identical grips and they also have (1)stamped on them.Mine are larger than I'm used to and cleaning hasn't removed enough "slipperyness"from them.I'm wondering if a different size would help but can't be sure of what to look for.If these are a number 1,should I look for a number 2,3,4,5, or 0?If only Rover would get involved.
Rover will tell you to modify the grips you have, and that's certainly an option. If you want to buy other grips, why not go with Rink and get the exact size you want (remembering that Rinks run a little small size-for-size compared with other grips)? You won't have to worry about numbering systems and you'll get what you want, but they're pretty pricy compared with modifying the ones you have.