Interesting news from Matchguns regarding MG2 and MGH1

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
therider

Interesting news from Matchguns regarding MG2 and MGH1

Post by therider »

Yesterday I drove to Parma again.
May be not all of you know the area. As we Italians say, it's the region of sins: CIBO (food), DONNE (girls) E MOTORI (motors).
FOOD( Parmesan, Parma Ham, Barilla, great cuisine ), MOTORS (Ducati, Ferrari, Lamborghini all produced in the area), GIRLS ( the nicest in Italy and the most independent of Italy, probably because during the Second World War females were fighting the Hitler's Nazi side by side with men among the partisans).

Since 18 months it has become for me: food, motors, girls and guns!

So yesterday I started with a great lunch with 24 months old Parmesan from Vacche Rosse (=red cows, a variety which makes the most tasty Parmesan, and which you get only in Parma), 24 months old Parma Ham and "Culatello" ( a special type of Parma Ham), and a glass of "Lambrusco" ( a sparkling red wine, which I am sure the locals invented ages ago to get their girls drunk, (ladies love it and drink it as if it were coke!!!)).

The Ducati is in the "wish-list".
The Ferrari/Lamborghini are in the "impossible-list".
Girls are in the "don't-you-dare-list", as my German wife is worst than a Sicilian and would cut my throat!

So , after the first sin, I headed directly for the 4th sin....Master Cesare to fine tune my grip. (I will post some pictures...the grip is really becoming good).

Going to the point.

Interesting news from Match Guns.

1) MG2: Cesare has modified the guide which directs the ammunition in the firing chamber of MG2. So those who experienced troubles with some cheap ammunitions will not have the problem any more. The new guide has three sections with different slopes, which progressively rotate the bullet in the horizontal position. Cesare tested it with most common ammunitions.
The new guide can be fitted in old pistols too.

2) MGH1: the metal piece holding the cocking level is now fixed with an additional screw to the pistol frame. So my pistol was yesterday modified in a few minutes by drilling the hole and putting this 3rd screw.
Results are amazing. Thanks to this the sear engagement can be safely reduced to a ridiculous amount (about 10 minutes of rotation). As a result the mechanical trigger has considerably improved. It is now very fine!
The electronic trigger too has become even better than it was, if possible. I asked to set it at 500+25grams, which in the past was not possible. It feels much much better than before and extremely consistent, and crisp.
Rover

Re: Interesting news from Matchguns regarding MG2 and MGH1

Post by Rover »

You'll burn in the seventh level of hell for your sins!

As a guinea, I envy you that.

See you on the "Cinque Terre", Brunello in hand.
therider

Post by therider »

Rover LOL.
Shall we make a few km south of "cinque terre", so that at least we get a Pardini? :-)
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

you really should stop posting :P:P:P . i try to save some money and you make me want to buy mgh1 right now (and perhaps upgrade my mg2) :P
conradin

Post by conradin »

Do a grand tour to include FAS.
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

When was the MGH1 additional screw modification rolled into production? Just got my MGH1 and the cylinder year is 2015 (can't remember month). Wondering if I have the mod.

Another change that came with my MHG1 Hybrid is I got the muzzle compensator that comes with the MGH1 Light.
Attachments
MGH1.jpg
therider

Post by therider »

I Guest that they just started.
conradin

Post by conradin »

therider wrote: 1) MG2: Cesare has modified the guide which directs the ammunition in the firing chamber of MG2. So those who experienced troubles with some cheap ammunitions will not have the problem any more. The new guide has three sections with different slopes, which progressively rotate the bullet in the horizontal position. Cesare tested it with most common ammunitions. The new guide can be fitted in old pistols too.
How can I get the guide?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Send an email to Stefano.
therider

Post by therider »

Exactly...Mail Stefano. I asked Cesare if I could spread the news and he said yes. So just mail Stefano Calzetti....
therider

Post by therider »

By the way, yesterday I went shooting. What an improvement on the trigger, both electronic and mechanical..... Although i do not understand why it is so
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Is there a Match Guns dealer in the US who can provide any service? It sounds like they have finally gotten the last of the bugs out of the design.

I'm curious as to what an MG2 would cost, especially with the weak Euro.
therider

Post by therider »

I am sure you can change the guide alone in the MG2.... Agee months ago Stefano told me that it is difficult to find a new us dealer...
May be one of you guys could do as a pass time job!
Heddok

Post by Heddok »

deleted
Last edited by Heddok on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

At that price, I'd be up for an MG2 myself.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Heddok wrote:The dropping euro prompted a fellow shooter and me to start direct importation of 2 MG-5's 2 MG-2 RF's and an MG-1 into Canada. We have the import paperwork done and serial numbers now just waiting for the guns to be completed. Stefano gave us prices of MG-5 900 euro MG-1 950 euro and MG-2 RF 1300 euro. Shipping from Italy to Canada is 410 euro for all 5 guns. We will have to pay GST and PST when they arrive in the country but still the final price is much less then comparable Pardini, Walther, Morini that have Canadian distributors. Actually cheaper by a pretty fair margin.

MG and Stefano have been superb to deal with.

The US dollar is continuing to go up against all world currencies and when the Fed raises interest rates in June or Sept it'll skyrocket vs the Euro so the deal is even better for Americans.
Wow - what a good deal. The prices we have to pay for things here in Australia makes me sick ...
Heddok

Post by Heddok »

deleted
Last edited by Heddok on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulNZ

Post by paulNZ »

The Australian and Canadian dollars are practically at parity. The Kiwi is only a little weaker again. A significant premium is paid for local service and support.
Heddok

Post by Heddok »

deleted
Last edited by Heddok on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

On an aside MG-2rf consistently squish Lapua OSP even when spotlessly clean.

Anyone got any ideas? I hear they come with two sets of recoil springs now. Would that likely cure it?
Image Image