How to: Adjust the sear on a Morini 162MI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SamEEE

How to: Adjust the sear on a Morini 162MI

Post by SamEEE »

NB: Usually the Sear is set at the factory and doesn't need adjusting.

Symptoms of incorrect sear adjustment.
Too much sear adjustment: Trigger feels 'creepy'.
Too little sear adjustment - trigger does not engage, or trips as you cock the air pistol (as in this case).

Tools required:
Standard 162 Tool Box worth of Allen Keys
1.27mm Allen Key

Fig.1: One Morini 162MI - Long Barrel, Long Sight Radius. Beautiful grain in the grip. Also: not working.

Fig.2: Grip removed - about to remove the trigger unit forward bolt - biggest and baddest Allen key in the set used.

Fig.3: Bolt removed.

Fig.4: Half cock the pistol will reveal the pin to be removed to free the trigger unit.

Fig.5: An appropriately sized punch and mallet so as to not damage the finish.

Fig.6: Trigger unit removed.

Fig.7: Grub screw in the top of the trigger unit being adjusted with 1.27mm Allen Key.

Brief instructions:
1) Turn the Allen Key CCW until the sear catches. You can cock the unit by pulling the cocking arm down. If it stays down you're golden.
2) Turn the Allen Key CW until the sear drops.
3) Turn the key back ~ 1/16 of a turn CCW from the sear disengagement point.
4) Test to ensure reliability of sear engagement.

Sear Adjustment: Clockwise - less overlap. CCW - more overlap.
I also held by thumb over the hammer pin so as to cushion it as the sear dropped. Unsure if necessary, but I felt better about not damaging the unit.

Fig.8: Assembly is the opposite of disassembly. Do not over-torque bolt; snug will do.
Image Image
django

Re: How to: Adjust the sear on a Morini 162MI

Post by django »

Thanks for share this information with us. I've sent an email to Morini ask to provide video tutorials on youtube such as steyr. They said they would think about it. if I'm not mistake the reason behind They have not done it for fear of the customer will make the damage and they provide blame tutorials on youtube. I bought steyr for easy access to information on how to repair this weapon on youtube. I have not yet bought Morini because of the lack of information on how to repair this weapon.

I hope you want to make this tutorial in a video version on youtube
SamEEE

Re: How to: Adjust the sear on a Morini 162MI

Post by SamEEE »

django wrote:Thanks for share this information with us. I've sent an email to Morini ask to provide video tutorials on youtube such as steyr. They said they would think about it. if I'm not mistake the reason behind They have not done it for fear of the customer will make the damage and they provide blame tutorials on youtube. I bought steyr for easy access to information on how to repair this weapon on youtube. I have not yet bought Morini because of the lack of information on how to repair this weapon.

I hope you want to make this tutorial in a video version on YouTube

My pleasure, i've got a lot out of this site. Always nice to give back.

Regarding the videos: watch this space, I sent Morini and email awhile back essentially asking if they would like to partner with me in the creation of some videos. No interest sadly, although I did get a pretty great comment on one of my Youtube videos.

Liability and culpability are strongly tied to ethics. I am not sure where my videos would sit as a 3rd party - they probably do not apply so much as I am neither the provider, nor the consumer. I think if someone wrecked their gear at the behest of my advice I would be sad for them; but not much more. How does this sit with other peoples moral compass?

Ethics aside. At this stage I will probably go ahead and make a handful of videos anyway. Got some storyboards together already - just a matter of shooting and editing it. I really love making videos and will bump it a couple of rungs up my priority list.

Edit: It shouldn't be too hard to get my mitts on an 84E and a 162EI, also.
Image Image