Free PIstol Glove

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
markwarren

Free PIstol Glove

Post by markwarren »

Hi,

It looks like I am going to have to do my free pistol training outside this Winter. When I watched the 2012 World Cup in London (the pre-cursor to the Olympics) I notice a lot of the shooters wearing gloves over the top of their pistols while shooting (it was very cold). See the attached picture.

Can anyone point me to where I can get these gloves from.

Also I have had a quick look at the rules but can't see anything relating to this. Are there any rules? Over to you Mr Levene :)

Many thanks

Mark
Attachments
Glove.jpg
David Levene

Re: Free PIstol Glove

Post by David Levene »

markwarren wrote: Also I have had a quick look at the rules but can't see anything relating to this. Are there any rules? Over to you Mr Levene :)
8.4.3.4.b
Hand covers for 50m Pistols are permitted, providing they do not cover the wrist.
rmca

Post by rmca »

I have been after one of this for a while now.

Does anyone know where to find one?
Or are this just "one of" items?
markwarren

Post by markwarren »

Does Portugal get that cold :)
rmca

Post by rmca »

:)

Although a cold winter day to me would be a mild spring day to you, I too feel cold on the 50m line.
Where I normally shoot free pistol is outdoors, with a roof above and closed sides, but it's quite chilly in the winter, with the wind blowing to you.
That's enough to suck the heat out of my trigger finger, and lose much sensibility...
I plan to use it just during the winter... after that there is no need!

If you find one for sale let me know.
grif

Post by grif »

Hello,
You can order one by MOUCHE Germany (info@mouche.de), they called the glove Pistolenfäustling/Pistol Mitten. I payed with porto to Belgium about 19 euros.

Jan
montster

Post by montster »

I have cut down a rifle sock to around 25 cm and used that to cover my grip to shoot in cold weather. I have also tucked in a hand warmer. Still allows me to access the cocking lever and trigger set levers of my toz.

Rifle sock is stretch polyester circular knit tube very commonly used for protection during storage. The rest of the rifle sock was cut up to make pistol socks to protection during storage.

Something that blocks wind little better would be better. Even better is a sewn in pocket for the little chemical hand warmer.
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Visit your local charity store / opportunity shop and buy a fleecy sweater or similar. Cut one of the arms off, trim the resulting tube to fit around your hand and pistol; Ta dah!
Rover

Post by Rover »

F.D., I like the way you think!

BTW I've been to NZ and enjoy the way you clutter the landscape with "Montana Whores."

Baaaahh!