Instamorph - deleted - Sorry

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David W. Johnson

Instamorph - deleted - Sorry

Post by David W. Johnson »

I didn't know it had been discussed before.

David
Last edited by David W. Johnson on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David W. Johnson

Re: Instamorph for custom gun grip

Pictures removed. dwj
Last edited by David W. Johnson on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6string

Post by 6string »

Hi,
There have been several threads about this stuff and related products.
Use the search tool here for "friendly plastic"

Best regards,
Jim
David W. Johnson

Sorry. I didn't realize. Thanks.

David
rbsix

Re: Instamorph - deleted - Sorry

Post by rbsix »

Hi David, really sorry that you removed your photos . I did not know that product existed . I appreciate that you took the time and effort to show me and other members your experience with improving the grips . It's projects like yours and others that makes this forum worth following . If everyone were to take the advice of the the other non contributing member , then this forum would be just another search engine . His comments certainly do not encourage others to share projects of value and do nothing to place the forum in the best interests of pistol shooters . If he doesn't have anything to contribute to the posting then he should just keep his shallow opinions to himself
David W. Johnson

Thanks for your response, rbsix.

I don't post here much. My second or third post on this forum requested recommendations for reading material. Someone responded that I should get a coach. Turns out it was a mod. I tried to explain that I could not find a coach in the impoverished part of Belgium to which I am assigned. The mod then questioned by integrity. People don't do things like that around me in real life. I'm a Lieutenant Colonel of Military Intelligence with a Top Secret clearance. Questioning my integrity is way out of bounds. I think some people write things on the internet that a sense of self-preservation and decorum would keep them from saying in real life. I've found that some forums allow people to get away with this kind of behavior...especially if the rude person is a mod. So, I haven't posted to this forum in months.

This time, I calculated a helpful post with pictures that started out with an apology if it was a repost - could not possibly be met with negativity. I've been wrong before.

Thanks again for your post. It encourages me that this sport still has nice people in it. I can't get to a range until I get back stateside. For now, I'll just enjoy shooting on my own range and let people on the internet do what they will.

David
therider

Post by therider »

rbsix wrote:Hi David, really sorry that you removed your photos . I did not know that product existed . I appreciate that you took the time and effort to show me and other members your experience with improving the grips .
I agree.... I did not know the product either.

Also, if I may say, I find the search engine not that good.... But, most likely, it's me unable to use it properly. I have a real bad relationships with search engines!!!

Whenever I search for some thing I get a too long a list referring to every single post which accidentally mentioned that world.
dronning

Post by dronning »

rbsix wrote:Hi David, really sorry that you removed your photos . I did not know that product existed . I appreciate that you took the time and effort to show me and other members your experience with improving the grips . It's projects like yours and others that makes this forum worth following . If everyone were to take the advice of the the other non contributing member , then this forum would be just another search engine . His comments certainly do not encourage others to share projects of value and do nothing to place the forum in the best interests of pistol shooters . If he doesn't have anything to contribute to the posting then he should just keep his shallow opinions to himself
David, Sorry you removed your photos too. Just because something has been discussed before doesn't mean your input isn't valuable! NEVER feel bad about contributing your experiences! I for one enjoy seeing other peoples work.

Without your post some of us would never know this stuff existed.

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
rmca

Post by rmca »

dronning wrote:David, Sorry you removed your photos too. Just because something has been discussed before doesn't mean your input isn't valuable! NEVER feel bad about contributing your experiences! I for one enjoy seeing other people work
+1
v76

Post by v76 »

David, don't mind the rude people; some take a lot of space here but it's mostly just chest puffing. On any forum there's always at least one "use search engine" zealot. Leave your self consciousness at the door and take your place on here. I always welcome new content around this forum even the stuff that's wildly discussed.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showth ... h-pictures!
Heddok

Post by Heddok »

David- Thanks for your original post and photo's I found it extremely helpful and didn't know about this stuff.
Brad
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

Dear David:

I saw your original post and pictures and thought that it looked interesting, should I need to redo my grips.

Personally, I welcome anybody that has found a solution to a problem and wants to share it throughout the shooting community. Not sure what occurred but hope you will repost your experiences and advice.

I am continuously amazed at the honesty and integrity of my fellow shooting competitors, and am impressed at the support offered to opponents on the firing line. I hope that I find you shooting next to me in a future competition.

Regards,
Cranky
sparky

Post by sparky »

Darn. I saw this post at work and meant to check it out when I got home as I had never heard of the stuff. Can you either repost the pics and info or send me a PM with the info?
David W. Johnson

Happy to send you pictures and my experience with this product.

davjohns@hotmail.com

Thanks to everyone else who responded. If I find something else that might be useful to the community, I'll post it here after a search.

David
richrd

Post by richrd »

which brings up the question,
"How can I search for something if I do not even know there is such a thing?"

Yes, there are a couple rude people here, ignore them.