Pardini or AW93 for optics

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

neal77

Pardini or AW93 for optics

Post by neal77 »

My first post on the forum, although I've been reading and learning alot from all the good info available here.
I'm just getting back into Bullseye shooting, and have been looking at the AW93 and Pardini pistols. My problem is at my age (50's ) my eyes are not what they used too be. So, I have to go with optics. I like the 30mm ultra dot but it looks like I might have a problem mounting it on either of these two guns. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks, Neal
NuJudge

Re: Pardini or AW93 for optics

Post by NuJudge »

There are alternatives. Lyman makes a suction cup-supplimentary aperture that goes on your glasses, which will dramatically improve your ability to see the front sight.

There also are 'pistol shooter glasses', which for a right master eye person have the right lens optimized for the distance the front sight is away from your eye, and the left eye is set up for infinity (where the target is).

I went the second route some years ago, both for rifle and pistol, and have been very satisfied.
dronning

Post by dronning »

The Pardini SP Bullseye, Champion Set MD2 actually comes with and Ultradot Matchdot II installed.

Should be no problem!

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Murph

Post by Murph »

Hands down the best pistol in my opinion, is the Pardini. I have been shooting the heck out of mine for over a year. About 7,000 rounds so far. Not a single match alibi. And no doubt the best service and quality in the business for a match grade 22. Off the bench, my SPBE will knock the X out at 50 yards every time with Standard Plus SK or Lapua ammo, nothing crazy expensive. Mounting rings simply attach to the frame of the gun. Nothing special to do. You can buy it all set and ready to go with the optic installed.
neal77

Post by neal77 »

Thanks for the replies. I see where the Pardini could purchased set-up with the Ultra-Dot but it looks like the smaller 25, not a 30mm. I really like the 30mm. I e-mailed Alexander at Pardini in Tampa to see if it would be a problem to use a 30mm but I haven't heard back yet.
Also, there aren't any local shops that carry Pardini or Feinwerbau, so where would you suggest purchasing from.
Murph

Post by Murph »

neal77 wrote:Thanks for the replies. I see where the Pardini could purchased set-up with the Ultra-Dot but it looks like the smaller 25, not a 30mm. I really like the 30mm. I e-mailed Alexander at Pardini in Tampa to see if it would be a problem to use a 30mm but I haven't heard back yet.
Also, there aren't any local shops that carry Pardini or Feinwerbau, so where would you suggest purchasing from.

The 30mm is no problem. Pardini will sell direct and ship it to your choice of FFL. I think they may be traveling so be patient for their reply. You'll be happy you did.
dronning

Post by dronning »

neal77 wrote:Thanks for the replies. I see where the Pardini could purchased set-up with the Ultra-Dot but it looks like the smaller 25, not a 30mm. I really like the 30mm. I e-mailed Alexander at Pardini in Tampa to see if it would be a problem to use a 30mm but I haven't heard back yet.
dronning wrote:The Pardini SP Bullseye, Champion Set MD2 actually comes with a Ultradot Matchdot II installed.

Should be no problem!

- Dave
The Matchdot II has a 30MM tube, it doesn't come any other way.

Dave
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
neal77

Post by neal77 »

Thanks again. I am travelling to the Tampa area next month, so I plan on stopping at the Pardini store as that seems to be the only way to see one in person. The AW93 I probably am not going to be able to see in person.
dronning

Post by dronning »

neal77 wrote:Thanks again. I am travelling to the Tampa area next month, so I plan on stopping at the Pardini store as that seems to be the only way to see one in person. The AW93 I probably am not going to be able to see in person.
You may want to call ahead, the Pardini "store" is inside Shooting Sports of Tampa. It's run as a separate business and if Alexander isn't in town there was no one else to help. At least that was my experience when looking for an Air Pistol. I've held and dry fired a Pardini but refuse to shoot one even though it has been offered, because I know once I do I'll have to own one.

Dave
~ Ben Franklin
Perre52

Post by Perre52 »

I’m 62 years old and I shoot a Feinwerkbau AW93.
For “optics” I use ordinary reading glasses made so that at arm’s length I can read the words of a newspaper.
Work’s perfect with the “iron sights” mounted on the gun.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

The AW93 is better set up with the Aimpoint Micro. Another great scope, and this is how Brian Zins sets up his. The best mount for this purpose is the Brenzovich mount. It goes in place of the rear sight.
Also the best place to buy an AW is from Brenzovich.
However, in my opinion, the only reason not to go with the Pardini is if you have issues with the gun being muzzle heavy.
The AW 93 has the mag in the grip, like a 45, and it makes it a more balanced gun

The other great thing about the Pardini is you can get the one that converts to a 32 and use that same platform for center fire. A lot of older shooters and women find the 32 very helpful for Center Fire.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

Dear Neal:

Before I purchased my latest pistol, I was very fortunate to extensively test the current pardini, the fwb, the two walthers, the newer hammerli, a benelli 90s, and a couple old hammerli 208s. I also tried SW 41, the trailside xesse, a couple high standards, and my old firearm, the IZH 35m.

the pardini, fwb, hammerlis, and walthers are very very very good pistols. the benelli is a very good pistol as well.

I selected the pardini based on the balance of the gun and also the customer support provided by Pardini USA. I am very satisfied with my purchase and I really wanted to like the FWB with the conventional magazine in the grip. the recoil counterweights and the balance were the tipping points for me.

To answer your question, either the pardini or the FWB will mount a 30 mm red dot no problem. the pardini has the grooves in the receiver and you can purchase the rings directly from pardini usa, or purchase the gun with the red dot already mounted. The FWB, you need to purchase a separate base to mount to the pistol, on which you mount your rings.

Regards,
Cranky

www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com
www.ccrcrifleteam.weebly.com
neal77

Post by neal77 »

I contacted Alexander at Pardini USA, and he said to call him when I get into Tampa next month. If all goes well, I will most likely buy the Bullseye model with the Ultradot set-up. I have tried different glasses to try to help with my failing eyes, but nothing that I am happy with so far. I will keep trying.

I'm glad to see they have the different models in stock. Although I have had to do it in the past, I don't like having to order guns, especially higher priced ones, without being able to pick it up and get the feel of it.

Thanks for all the responses, and I'll let you know how it works out!

Also, .22 ammo is still hard to come by around here, where is a good place to purchase from? What are some of the brands you have had the best luck with ?
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

Hi Neal:

You can see how my optics are mounted on my pardini here:

http://ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com/f-a-q.html

That is a Horton 1911 grip available from dick Horton in Illinois.

as for ammo suppliers, I have a links page on that same website.

Regards,
Cranky
conradin

Post by conradin »

Try Pardini SP B/E version.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

I agree with everyone: go for the Pardini SP Bullseye; I love mine. It is an equisite shooting instrument that runs like a watch. The folks in Tampa are very helpful and they carry a full line of parts incase you lose a screw. This purchase is one you will enjoy for many years. Dipnet
Attachments
Pardini SP Bullseye_sm image size.jpg