beware ISS

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
salerno

beware ISS

Post by salerno »

this merchant has promised a grip for my p-44 for 1 1/2 years. paid for it in advance. Cannot get them to return emails. I wonder if I've been had. Trusted him for over 20 years but it has come to this. How sad.
Rover

Re: beware ISS

Post by Rover »

He's an oldtimer and doesn't like emails. Pick up the damned phone.
salerno

Post by salerno »

I don't care to argue with someone. Just wanted him to live up to his word. If he won't do that then why raise my blood pressure trying to beg him to do the right thing.
Jack Milchanowski

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

Why does it have to be an argument. Pick up the phone and call Neal at 817-595-2090. He is an honest man. Speak with him. Leave a message and your phone number if it goes to the answering machine.
Rover

Post by Rover »

So you've been sulking for a year and a half? Won't you feel like a jerk if it was shipped a year and a half ago, but the guys at UPS used it to toast weenies.

Your only contribution to this forum is to whine about how you've been done wrong? Get a life!
salerno

Post by salerno »

You think I have not called? Of course I have. Same old line. No, I have not sent in an order to FWB yet. 19 months and counting. I cannot make him do , over the phone, what he is not inclined to do.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I wish you had put that info in your first post. I'm sure he is not out to screw you, but he is certainly remiss in his handling of this. If you paid by credit card cancel the charge and move on. If some other method, cancel the order (by phone and email) and ask for a refund.

I see you're Phoenix. If you call or drive over to Airguns of Arizona, you may get your order filled.

BTW Have you shot with me at PRGC? I only know one shooter with a P44. If this is you, Doug, you're getting a smack at the next match.
If you haven't shot at PRGC, you should, since they are the only REAL matches in Phoenix. There is an air pistol match on Sep. 13 and 20.
FredB

Post by FredB »

Neal runs a one-person shop. He works Monday through Saturday, early morning till 7 PM or later sometimes. When he's dealing with people who are shopping at his store, he also has to answer the phone and deal with those matters. I think he may sometimes take notes on small pieces of paper that can get lost. Sometimes things don't get done in the quickest way, but they eventually get done.

Ever since I started buying stuff from Neal, maybe 20 years ago (?), he has never once asked for payment in advance. He trusted me to pay before he knew me, just sent the items with a bill. The few minor problems I've had were always resolved in a manner that exceeded fairness. I believe he would rather die than cheat someone.

Your problem WILL be fairly resolved.
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

I agree with Fred. This doesn't sound like the Neal Stepp I have done business with.
peterleduc

Neal Stepp

Post by peterleduc »

I'd say my experience with Neal has been nothing short of amazing. The shooting world is a small community and his service reflects this to a T. Please do yourself a favor and call him and see what the deal is. I'd bet the cost of your grip is worth exceedingly less then his reputation built on decades of customer service. He may have lost your contact info and had your grip sitting on the shelf for months.

I'd also bet he'll refund your charge immediately if that's what you want.
Peter
conradin

Post by conradin »

Never have a problem of Neal.
william

Post by william »

Dear moderator, would you please delete this thread entirely? The initial topic name is inflammatory, and by now we all know what we've known all along - that Neal is a totally upright guy and sooner or later everybody makes somebody angry.
salerno

Post by salerno »

Sir, because my posting does not fit your view of your world, is your response to deny me my opportunity to make my case? That seems to be the tactic of the liberal left. Have they, thru you, infiltrated the shooting sports and this forum? If not, please try to keep up. I have done business with ISS for over 25 years, did not call for a boycott, just offered a cautionary tale. I am not angry, just disappointed.
william

Post by william »

"Sir, because my posting does not fit your view of your world, is your response to deny me my opportunity to make my case? That seems to be the tactic of the liberal left. Have they, thru you, infiltrated the shooting sports and this forum?"

Yes, you've sussed me out. I'm the Manchurian Candidate, here to subvert everything real Americans hold dear. I also now confess to putting fluoride in everybody's water in order to corrupt their precious bodily fluids.

Seriously, starting a thread with "beware ISS" indicates something a wee tad stronger than "...just disappointed."
salerno

Post by salerno »

apology accepted!
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Neal is OK in my book.
william

Post by william »

salerno wrote:apology accepted!
I puzzled over what you were trying to convey, since I in no way apologized. Then it came to me: you had contacted Neal privately (not via public forum), and he had graciously accepted your apology.

I feel better now.
toz35m

Post by toz35m »

Neal is good in my book also, having dealt with him over 35 years.
FredB

Post by FredB »

william wrote:
salerno wrote:apology accepted!
I puzzled over what you were trying to convey, since I in no way apologized. Then it came to me: you had contacted Neal privately (not via public forum), and he had graciously accepted your apology.

I feel better now.
So you're not apologizing for the fluoride? :>(

I feel worse now.
Ernie Rodriguez

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

I have dealt with Neal Stepp for a long time and a more honest person you are not going to find.