PPP in Ft Benning and Colorado Springs

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Marc Orvin

PPP in Ft Benning and Colorado Springs

Post by Marc Orvin »

Just arrived home after 3 awesome days at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. My wife, Debbie, and I were helping out at the PPP National Championships.

This event was shot concurrently at Ft Benning and the OTC. We had about 55 youth at the OTC while Ft Benning hosted about 75. Largest turnout ever for this event.

Here's what impressed me about the participants. These youth were respectful, happy, friendly and really seemed to be enjoying the time they spent there. And their parents and coaches were the same.

This was a kind of grass-roots event. Consequently, we had a lot of questions from youth and coaches about how to do things and what to do and when to do it. Nobody offered to start an argument about the rules and how "they" ought to change the rules. Folks were instructed as to how things were done, and they happily went about doing things correctly. The youth were very safety conscious.

We just had a great time. Some great scores were shot and both finals were outstanding with lots of lead changes and some awesome displays of digging deep to come up with great shots when they were needed.

Speaking of finals, EVERYBODY was at the finals. Nobody had urgent business elsewhere. The finals were noisy and exciting.

And the awards ceremony was 100% attendance as well.

Parents, coaches and youth, we salute you!! This was the most fun we have had at a match in a LONG time. We hope you all can make it to the Winter Airgun matches in a few months.

Can't wait for next year to do it again. July 10-12, 2015 at both locations.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Marc, you should work on being more positive. This constant negativity can't be good for your health.

:P

Seriously, what you and Debbie do for the sport is incredible. Thank you both for all that you do.
Bob Mccollum

PPP in Colorado

Post by Bob Mccollum »

Marc, I totally agree, we were there with our son and grandson, it was our first time at the PPP match and we had a great time, everyone was very helpful and very nice. The evening ice cream social and mixer was great it gave the kids and parents time to get to know each other and become friends. Our son was fortunate enough to make the finals and all of the competitors were very courteous and very respectful. I am a 4-H coach and was very pleased to get to talk to other coaches and learn from them. Our grandson hasn't stopped talking about his experience out there yet, we are all looking forward to going back next year. We are hoping to bring more of our 4-h'ers back with us next year also.
Thanks to you and all that made this event happen. I know it takes a lot of work and dedication on your part so a big Thanks to you!!

Thanks again
Bob, Deneise and Anthony McCollum &
Trae Hoerrmnn