Pistol range boxes

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Pat Nemes

Pistol range boxes

Post by Pat Nemes »

Mainly for the newer bullseye shooters there are some really good pistol range boxes for sale on the internet. The best are the Pachymar and gun ho. However be aware that these are older boxes that were not designed to carry pistols with optical sights. They are not tall enough being in the 13-14 inch range for height.

If you contemplate getting one of these and are using pistols with optical sights be prepared to either remove the sights when the pistols are in the box or modify the box (usually by lowering the gun tray). Lowering the gun tray will reduce the space available in the lower portion of the box with possibly interference with the spotting scope when closing the lid.

The voice of experience.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Strong Case is another good brand. Their cases are made out of aluminum and easily accommodate 45 and 22s with red dot sight.

Chip
Last edited by ChipEck on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
izzyjim

Post by izzyjim »

Don't ignore the old Gun Ho box. It might work for you. Mine has nearly 9 inches of space from the gun tray to top of box.
Enough room for 4 scoped pistols.
Not that you would want to carry that weight very far.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I have been very happy with the Precision Pistol Box that I bought. http://www.precisionpistolbox.com/
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Many pachmyers and gun ho boxes accept scoped guns only the very old ones don't.
gun.nutsy

Range Box - Pachmyr 400

Post by gun.nutsy »

I have a Pachmyr 400 - nice, but a bit of a challenge if you're using Euro pistols with front mags - scope is hairline fitting...