Used FWB P34

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lifthrasir

Used FWB P34

Post by lifthrasir »

I found one used FWB P34 for sale around where I live. The price is good, judging by the pictures it is in mint condition. Seller says it only fired a few shots.

I will go and check the gun in person however both air cylinders are empty and there won't be a chance to live-fire a round or two (no shooting ranges nearby).
Will dry fire be a sufficient check trigger-wise?
Anything special I need to be careful about, known faults? I am prepared to replace the seals and other smaller things.

Thank you!
mark e

P34

Post by mark e »

I have an early model P34 and I love it, however If I were you I would at least test fire it with air ... you can use several newspapers a telephone book or anything that would stop the pellet. they are good guns but without a true test you never know
testing in dryfire mode only tells you the hammer spring pushes the hammer.
I have a 10 meter range in my living room and a slab of modeling clay 1 inch thick for a backstop that does a great job
I also have a LP 10E and even with that I will never sell the P34... its just an incredibly fun and reliable gun.
lifthrasir

Post by lifthrasir »

A few other people also told me to do a test fire. I'll try and find a shooting range nearby, though getting the cylinders filled might be a bigger problem. But surely the range would have a Scuba tank ready I guess.

You say you have the older model, what are the differences between the two? The one I'm buying was made in 2006 I believe.
mark e

P34

Post by mark e »

if you have a paintball shop near you, you might try there also.
I'm kind of surprised that the current owner has no way of filling the gun , how did he fill it .
and that makes me a bit suspicious.
basically the grip, mine is a two piece and that is the most obvious difference, the valve in mine I've been told is the same as the c02 predecessor and in the later models that was changed.
part are available for both versions
rmca

Re: P34

Post by rmca »

mark e wrote: I'm kind of surprised that the current owner has no way of filling the gun , how did he fill it .
and that makes me a bit suspicious.
+1

I would definitely try to shoot it before I would buy it. Even with parts available it's a great way to avoid unnecessary expenses.

Hope this helps
mark e

P34

Post by mark e »

If he can not prove that it works correctly I would consider it non-functional and price it as such..
it would be like buying a used car and not being able to start it or hear it run/drive it till after you pay for it.

just my opinion.
lifthrasir

Post by lifthrasir »

He hasn't been pistol shooting for a while now. Recently decided to actually call it quits and decided to sell the gun, which was in the case for quite some time now.
I also don't think he has a scuba tank or a pump at home as most shooting clubs have their own (I don't have either at home).

Anyway, I will try to find a range nearby and get the pistol sorted and fire a couple of shots.
mark e

P34

Post by mark e »

Like I said before they are a very reliable gun. so it might be fine, you just don't know till you try it
Are you in the USA?? if so what state and what area ?
I might be able to help find a place to go, or someone else on here might know.
v76

Post by v76 »

Tried one out for a bit and definitely liked it. It was a bit heavy but that, added with the absorber (and to a lesser degree, shooter's skills too! haha) made it very still. I'd definitely buy one for a few hundred bucks. Getting cylinders is a non issue since as far as I know, fwb uses the same threading on all their pcp pistols (don't know about the rifles). The only moot point to me was how laborious it was to dry fire it (has a sort of "safety") and the trigger felt a bit "hollow" but that may have been due to the owner's preferences.

Let us know how you like it!
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

I also love shooting my FWB P34 short, it has better balance than the long version...
Attachments
IMG_0312.JPG
lifthrasir

Post by lifthrasir »

@mark e I'm in Europe. I found a shooting range not that far from the place we're meeting, will call them today when they are open.

I'm currently shooting a FWB 65 (air pistol rookie, only shot large caliber before) so any weight below that would be refreshing :) I shot Steyr LP10 E and Morini CM162 EI (felt really good in my hand) and the weight difference really adds up to precision. Less strain on the muscles less tremor I guess.
What kind of safety does the dry firing have? The online manual says cock, push the button to the left, close breach, fire, repeat cocking and closing for each shot.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

lifthrasir wrote:What kind of safety does the dry firing have? The online manual says cock, push the button to the left, close breach, fire, repeat cocking and closing for each shot.
The P34 has a cross bolt safety; when the button is pushed to the left side, and the breech cover is cocked and closed, it will allow dry firing. When you push to the right, you will see a red o-ring meaning live firing.
mark e

P34

Post by mark e »

be sure to let us know how it goes
Here is my toy
Attachments
P-34.jpg
mark e

P34

Post by mark e »

my first pistol was a FWB 80
both the 65 and 80 were and are fantastic for springers.
lifthrasir

Post by lifthrasir »

Well, thanks everyone for participating, I didn't get the gun it was sold to another shooter.
Looking for another in the same price range, building muscle with the LP65 in the meantime :P