x-esse vs Trailside

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ghgs

x-esse vs Trailside

Post by ghgs »

Hope someone has some experience with these and can help.
I am considering purchasing a new x-ease but prices of the old Trailsides are much better.
I understand the trigger is better in the x-ease, and I thought I read somewhere that the x-ease has a sleeved barrel.
What I am trying to find out is if each were put in a Ransom Rest using match ammo, would one be generally more accurate. Or are they about the same?

Glen
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

both are accurate as are most target grade 22s all will pretty much shoot X ring groups at 50 yards with good ammo, the trail side if you can get the target model with the anatomical grip is the same as the exsse except for the 2 stage trigger group which can be bought and installed by larrys guns for around 200.00 when you include shipping there and back.
mparker

Post by mparker »

Checkout the Trailside/X-esse discussions threads on Rimfire Central.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/fo ... .php?f=118
38HBWC

Larry's trigger in Trailside

Post by 38HBWC »

I have both the first and second modifications of the original Swiss Trailsides with Larry's trigger installed.

I am so happy with the result, I highly recommend his talents.

The Xesse model (Walther) is very nice, but I have only shot it and do not own one.

I would highly suggest installing the extra heavy (Larry's made) counterweight in addition to either the Hammerli resin target grip or the anatomical Rink or Nill grip. Be aware that the "wispy" Trailside barrel needs lots of added mass for enhanced stability. And of course, snug fitting grips accentuate trigger control and follow-thru.

I am a dyed-in-the-wool Euro grip angle afficionado, so you shooters that like S&W M-41, 1911 or HS Victors/Trophies just may like the trailside's configuration.