Size of the 7..

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DanielSwe

Size of the 7..

Post by DanielSwe »

I'll set up my new scatt today and wonder
what size the seven ring is at five meters?[/code]
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

If you are worried about producing a suitable target, just print one from the Scatt software.
DanielSwe

Post by DanielSwe »

Knew I was hasty.. No printer available :(
DanielSwe

Post by DanielSwe »

My google-fu is not strong...
Got some targets in the box, and the black is aprox 30mm on those.
5m targets? (I hope, cause my score was good on them :)
jliston48

Post by jliston48 »

DanielSwe wrote:Got some targets in the box, and the black is aprox 30mm on those.
5m targets? (I hope, cause my score was good on them :)
I don't really want to rain on your parade, but, although the 5 metre target is half size (30mm 7-ring), your pellets are the same size. It would be like shooting AP at 10 metres with a 38 (without the recoil, of course)!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

If you really want to live fire AP at 5m then this target, designed by our Webmaster, is correct for both the size of the aiming mark and the scoring rings (2 targets per sheet).

If you only want to dry fire then the aiming mark should be 29.75mm diameter.
DanielSwe

Post by DanielSwe »

By all means, rain on the parade :) tis why I asked.
Its dry fire only, and the black is, I guess, just under 30mm.

Supposing its correct, which it seems to be? Why the high score?
I've shot 575 at match, and touched 580 one time in training.
570 is average-isch..

then 586 with the Scatt? I smell something foul.. and it aint the socks..
j-team

Post by j-team »

For air pistol dry fire at 5m, just use an air rifle target.
menbom

Post by menbom »

That seems odd, I never reach as high scores on the Scatt as I do in live training. But I guess it can go both ways.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

menbom wrote:That seems odd, I never reach as high scores on the Scatt as I do in live training. But I guess it can go both ways.
I would suggest it could be down to having the wrong F co-efficient set.

(Don't ask me to explain, I've had too many glasses of Port)
menbom

Post by menbom »

True, I've been experimenting with the F-coeffiecient and got closer to what I would expect live, but still lower. I guess it could be the same thing but in reverse for Daniel. Daniel, are you using an F of zero or close to zero?

(have a nice piece of Stilton with that port, cheers :)
DanielSwe

Post by DanielSwe »

Oo, we have something there gentlemens!
Although I have no idea as to what the F-coeffiecient is, I found the settings for it, and it was set at twelve from the start...

What does that meas and what is the F-coeffiecient?

also, goodnight for now, have to sleep to be able to keep up with the two little beasts in the family :)
Rover

Post by Rover »

I drank port in Porto, Portugal. The bartender took pity on the poor dumb Americanos and showed us the difference between port and PORT!

BTW The little time I played with the SCATT taught me not to put much confidence in the "scores."
Linecutter

Post by Linecutter »

Is this any use for working out the size of targets for shooting at short ranges?

http://www.triffid.clara.co.uk/ScaleAirgunTarget.html
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

If the F-coefficient is set to zero then the systems gives the shot as being where the sensor was pointing at the moment the trigger click is detected.

If it is set at a number above zero then the shot is displayed where the sensor was pointing at a corresponding time after the trigger click is detected. This takes account of barrel, and hence projectile, movement after firing.

The normal way of getting the correct F-coefficient is to live fire at the same time as using Scatt and then adjusting the F-coefficient so that the Scatt "shots" are as close as possible to the holes in the paper. The problem with this is that most gun/shooter combinations react differently when live or dry firing.

Don't get too anal about trying to get an exact match between the actual and virtual holes. I've never seen it achieved.
madmax

Post by madmax »

Don't use the SCATT as a video game - it's a training tool!! Shoot for groups as close to centre as possible, and don't worry too much about the score. Then use the options to analyse what you are doing right - and wrong. Being score-minded can distract from realising what you need to do to improve various aspects of your process.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

As others rightly say, score on scatt is pretty much irrelevant. It should match up to some extent but it will never match up exactly. I use it with live fire shooting most of the time, so you have the paper card if you want to see exactly where the shots went. But far more useful is the raft of data output from scatt.

Rob.
honeybadger

Post by honeybadger »

menbom wrote:(have a nice piece of Stilton with that port, cheers :)
Ahh, the best part of shooting sports. One of the few sports which still remains civilized.