Getting used to the new LP10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jackh

Getting used to the new LP10

Post by jackh »

Brand new LP10 with Nill XL grip. I need the hand width of the XL grip, but the volume is too much for my thick-short-wide hand. Reducing that fine wood grip is scary to say the least.

I also adjusting the gun inside to the grip, I have the left rear frame screw out 2 turns. I think I will do another half turn out to bring the front sight a bit more right. Also the two rear elevation screws are out 2 turns to lower the front sight. They might need a little more out. I also lowered the rear sight notch depth to the max. Nothing else is changed from as received except the trigger position. Moved it back as far as it will go and tipped to the finger some.

Shot some zeroing rounds today outside at a paced 10m. Our indoor facility is not available. Set it for a dead centre hold and got a few strings that I would call 9 ring group size. It was too bright to hold sub six. Shooting under cover with target in full sunlight.

I think I need a new eye Rx as the sight is a lot farther out there than on the Hammerli. It is time for that eye exam anyway.

Is there any advice on reducing grip volume?
rmca

Post by rmca »

You are not going to like this...

To reduce the grip that you have you can:
- Dremmel it
- Chisel it
- File it
- Sand it
- Saw it

A nail and a small hammer plus a lot of patience will almost replicate that pattern that you will have to cut

The other option is to get a custom made grip from Rink. Cut that one, and when it is almost perfect (it will never be...) send it to them and they will copy it.

As to your eyes, besides getting them check, for outdoor shooting I would recommend that you get a filter for your shooting glasses, grey or brown. That will cut most of the offending light and you can aim in a more sub-six approach.

Hope this helps
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

When he has to adjust the Nill to the upright, Rink is pretty certainly not the way to go, although the Rinks are slimmer and may suit that hand better. Copying will result in a 98% copy, not a 100%, and annoy you all the more, and you'll end up modifying it anyway. Get a heavy duty Dremel, and go slowly.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Yes. You will modify it anyway as time goes by, so don't get hung up on "pretty."

It's just a one beer job (each time).
Randy152

Post by Randy152 »

"I think I need a new eye Rx as the sight is a lot farther out there than on the Hammerli. It is time for that eye exam anyway."

An eye exam is always a good idea, but the LP10 also has 3 positions for the front sight to go, as well as a lot of adjustment on the rear sight assembly, so you should play with those settings and see if it helps.
Randy