Cheapest rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

conradin

Cheapest rifle

Post by conradin »

HI, I would like to know what is the cheapest Olympic match rifle out there in the market. Nothing fancy just the most basic (diopter, front sight, right hand, etc). The type which 16 year old girls start off with (even though I am an adult).

Is AR-20 the absolute cheapest out there?
Last edited by conradin on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
justadude

Post by justadude »

First you have to clarify: Do you want smallbore or air rifle.

'Dude
Misny

Post by Misny »

I wouldn't rule out a used SSP air rifle, like the FWB 600 series. IIRC Sarah Beard used one for a long time to climb the ladder. The used ones seem to hold their value, so after they are outgrown, they can be sold for close to their purchase value.
conradin

Post by conradin »

I ended up with a Hämmerli AR20, it is ambidextrous so I can train to shoot with either hand. I would have gone for FWB300s, but none of them are ambidextrous, plus good ones are hard to find.

This also means that I can loan it out to friends and nobody will have any handiness problem.

It is very basic though, you can certain upgrade it by buying all sort of accessories. But for me I am just learning how to shoot a long arm, so that is good enough for me.

It comes with some accessories that clearly is not for AR20, including long screws. I think these are for the complete FT version.

PS. I got it from Champions Choice. I got the last "Hot Red" in their inventory!
yana

Post by yana »

SSP's are terrible to cock imo. Wrong way around.
FWB300 is a good choice. Diana 75, Anschutz 380, Anschutz 220, etcetc.
Tau 200
Só much choices.
desdemona

Post by desdemona »

Not a bad rifle actually. With stock diopter set for Conradin's non-prescription altered sighting I still managed to get all shot minus one 6 at 9 o'clock due to fatigue in the bullring.
Its very advanced for me usually shooting a sporterized 1917 Lee Enfield .303
Desdemona MEV Gare-Frantisek
Range Safety Coordinator/Instructor Oakland Pink Pistols
USAS #1035180