Explain steps to fill FWB P44 using my carbon fiber tank

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dogloose

Explain steps to fill FWB P44 using my carbon fiber tank

Post by dogloose »

Hi to all. New forum member and new airgun shooter. Have been a "powder burner" rifle and pistol shooter for years. Recently got into airguns. Presently shoot a Benjamin Marauder .22 PCP air rifle. Own the "Great White" 4500 psi carbon fiber 97 cu ft air tank from Joe Brancato. The tank has a DIN to male foster connection that I couple to the rifle with a foster female quick disconnect hose.

I am interested in trying my hand at 10 meter air pistol and am considering buying the Feinwerkbau P44 as my platform to learn the sport. Given my air setup do I have what I need to safely fill the P44? Can someone share in detail the steps to correctly fill the P44... especially describing what connectors are needed and how it connects to the tank? Thanks!
rmca

Post by rmca »

As with most recent air pistols you just unscrew the cylinder, attach the adapter to your filling tank or hand pump, and then screw the cylinder to the adapter. Open the valve on the tank, or just pump. Then close the valve (very important! :) ). Unscrew the cylinder when you're done and screw it to the pistol.

The problem you're going to have is that most pistols work with 200 bar tanks (250 in case of the Pardini), and your rifle works at 300 bar (4500psi).
So the adapter of the pistol will not screw all the way (it's a shorter tread), leaving you unable to fill the tank.

You either replace the nozzle on the bottle to a 200 bar DIN (witch can fill your rifle cylinder to 200 bar) or you get another bottle. You can also buy a hand pump.

Hope this helps
dogloose

Post by dogloose »

Thanks... You are leading me in the right direction. I checked the threading on my carbon fiber tank and the DIN to male foster adapter that I use for the rifle. You correctly point out the 4500 psi (300 bar) tank takes an adapter 8 threads deep to screw down to the O-ring seal... The adapter for the FWB P44 appears half as deep at 4 threads... Won't seal.

My carbon fiber tank is no "bottle"... The 4500 psi/300 bar tank will fill my 215cc M-rod reservoir to 3000 psi (206 bar) its actual operating pressure more than 63 times with air to spare. It's enormous! I really want to leverage the air solution I have. Looks like I'll have to start hunting for an adapter that will mate either my DIN fitting on the tank to the adapter supplied with the P44. Or perhaps find an adapter that will seal with the tank and accepts the P44 air reservoir directly. If anyone knows the specification/nomenclature or threading on the P44 reservoir that will help.

Any other shooters have experience with 4500 psi/300 bar HPA tanks?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Why not call Pilk, our host. Not only will they give you good info, but can sell you the parts you need.
rloebler

Post by rloebler »

You could use something like this: http://www.bluewatersports.com/shop/com ... 2-din.html

Remember that the bottle is still 300Bar and the air pistol will most likely max out at 200 so you'll need to pay careful attention that you don't over pressurise the air pistol cylinder.
dogloose

Post by dogloose »

Thanks to all who provided information and suggestions on my original post. I have located several alternative solutions that will all work.

However... the original question was predicated on my purchasing an FWB P44. Those are not so readily available here in the US. And other competition pistols are equally hard to find. Lots of plinkers and hunters out there for immediate delivery... competition class guns are mostly marked "out of stock" or "special order" wherever I searched. And the wait times I have been told are measured in months! So my plan to get started looks like it will be somewhat delayed.

I am planning to make that suggested call to our host next week when he returns from the competition he is attending. I know that the top of the line pistols may be immediately had, but that would really stretch my budget, especially as a new shooter. This is my first foray into the sport. Measuring twice here before I cut once.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Snoop the Classifieds here. Hardly a day goes by without a top of the line AP being offered, sometimes at really good prices.