ISSF Rapid Fire reduced to 50 feet

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jabberwo

ISSF Rapid Fire reduced to 50 feet

Post by jabberwo »

Hi,

My club does not have a 25m or even 25yd range, just 50' indoor or out. Do you think I have the layout right for practicing ISSF Rapid Fire at 50' using the reduced target called B-39?

Going to shoot it for the first time in our state championships, perhaps I should practice a little first?!

cheers,
Chuck
Attachments
Layout for 5 ISSF Rapid Fire B-39 reduced targets at 50'
Layout for 5 ISSF Rapid Fire B-39 reduced targets at 50'
ISSF Rapid Fire at 50ft.jpg (47.69 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I don't know the target you refer to but, for 50' (by my calculations), you ideally want targets with a 12" diameter black set at 18" centre-to-centre.

Hope this helps.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:I don't know the target you refer to but, for 50' (by my calculations), you ideally want targets with a 12" diameter black set at 18" centre-to-centre.

Hope this helps.
looks right to me
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

You want the target spacing center-to-center to be 1.5x the width of the black. My 50' setup is at the range so I can't measure, but National Target lists the black as 11-15/16", so just under 18" center-to-center.

Edit: Right. Which is what you posted in your image.
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

Bah! Moot point, my club will not allow shooting on 5 targets, considered "cross fire".

I asked "how about just 2 targets so I can at least practice recovery and transition. After all, the centers are only 18" apart and I've seen most of you shoot...". I don't think I made any friends with the old guard!

cheers,
Chuck