WMG - Who is going?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Slo cat

WMG - Who is going?

Post by Slo cat »

Not too much time left to sign up for the World Masters Games in Torino.

Who is going to be there? Wayne Harris and I, both from the Denver area, are signed up. Any Canadians or Aussies? It would be great to meet again with others I shot with in Sydney and Edmonton.

Italian law limits guns you bring to just three. And I would like to bring four to shoot the five men's events. But Wayne and I plan to share an LP-10 and TOZ-35M, which we both own, but by doing this we can conform to the three gun limit.

Any word on if we will shoot on paper or electronic targets? If paper, I will need to bring a spotting scope. I emailed them about this two weeks ago, but no answer yet.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

definitely a group of AUS pistol shooters
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I'm still too young, maybe in a few years time ;)

Rob.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

I wish I could, as they are shooting MLAIC events. But my job is intent on killing me with overwork.
Pyroman

Post by Pyroman »

I was all excited to go. But then the Canadian nationals got scheduled for the same time. Very disappointed. And for what it's worth, I don't think an Air Pistol counts towards the 3 gun limit. As far as I know, air guns can go unrestricted throughout the EU. I think the limit only applies to cartridge firing guns. But don't take my word for it, talk to someone who lives there.
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

I asked the WMG's people about air guns counting toward the three gun limit. They responded that they do count as one of the three allowed firearms.
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

RobStubbs wrote:I'm still too young, maybe in a few years time ;)
Nube question, what's the minimum age?
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

jabberwo wrote:
For Pistol/Rifle shooting at Turin, 30 years old. This can vary by sport and varies at different World Masters Games. At Sydney, it was 30 years for shooting(fixed my error).
Last edited by Slo cat on Fri May 31, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Slo cat wrote:
jabberwo wrote:
For Pistol/Rifle shooting at Turin, 30 years old. This can vary by sport and varies at different World Masters Games. At Sydney, it was 35 years for shooting.
Oops, I'm so not too young then :(, I thought it was 50 unless I'm thinking of the veteran games ??

Rob.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Slo cat wrote:I asked the WMG's people about air guns counting toward the three gun limit. They responded that they do count as one of the three allowed firearms.

Considering the haphazard way that shooting was reinstated into the WMG, and tha less than professional nature of some people who get dragooned into organizing events that they have scant familiarity with, I am not sure i would trust the word of one of the event organizers on this subject unless it was accompanied by a copy of the reg in question from what ever Italian agency regulates the importation of firearms for competition purposes.
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

Isabel1130 wrote:I am not sure i would trust the word of one of the event organizers on this subject unless it was accompanied by a copy of the reg in question from what ever Italian agency regulates the importation of firearms for competition purposes.
Perhaps, but I would not want to be turned back at Italian customs, or have the fourth gun confiscated. The Italian system is simple, you fill out the customs firearm form at home and it is verified when you enter the country. So for Italy, one does not have an approved permit before leaving home like we did for Australia and Canada.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Slo cat wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote:I am not sure i would trust the word of one of the event organizers on this subject unless it was accompanied by a copy of the reg in question from what ever Italian agency regulates the importation of firearms for competition purposes.
Perhaps, but I would not want to be turned back at Italian customs, or have the fourth gun confiscated. The Italian system is simple, you fill out the customs firearm form at home and it is verified when you enter the country. So for Italy, one does not have an approved permit before leaving home like we did for Australia and Canada.
My worry, without a regulation to point to, is that I would get to Italy and find out the limit was actually two guns, and not three, unless I paid a very hefty bribe to whatever customs agent I was dealing with.

Bureaucracies are, by their very nature, capricious.