TOZ 35 help

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
peterleduc

TOZ 35 help

Post by peterleduc »

I purchased a TOZ35 that has an issue. The trigger/sear mechanism doesn't want to cock without a little extra help. When I pull it apart and operate the trigger mechanism by itself I can get it to set or lock by pulling the trigger, operating the lever, releasing the trigger and then letting go of the lever. There seems to be a little wire thing next to the sear that doesn't allow the sear to engauge without moving the top bar out of the way. I'll take pictures if it will help.

I hope that makes sense. Also if I can't figure it out should I send it in to Pilkington's or Larry's Guns? Larry seems to have 1000 spare parts for the TOZ and Scott doesn't advertise one way or the other. That said, I have received great service from Scott in the past.

Thanks for the help guys.
Peter
scausi

toz

Post by scausi »

Hi not sure what you are asking its a bit difficult without seeing the pistol , but i can tell you thet the small screw in the frame directly behind the trigger shoe is your sear adjustment screw , try adjusting that , according to my manual , turn screw 4 clockwise until trigger fires , then turn back 1/4 turn anticlockwise to set trigger. cheers S

ps go to this page and scroll down to the Toz 35 http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/default.htm
peterleduc

Sear

Post by peterleduc »

Sorry, I should have noted that I already adjusted the sear screw so it wasn't interfearing. I adjusted it in until it released and then adjusted it out a full turn. That didn't fix anything so I adjusted it out more.

Thanks for the help.
Peter[/quote]
rmca

Post by rmca »

Unscrew the sear screw a few turns.
Play with the weight screw until you can get the gun to cock (probably to add weight).
Then adjust the sear screw by cocking the gun, turn the screw until the trigger fires, then turn back 1/4 turn.

Assuming there is noting wrong with the trigger unit, you should be able to fix this with those two screws
peterleduc

Post by peterleduc »

Thanks, I understand how the trigger unit operates and adjustments etc. there was something wrong with the unit itself. I sent it in and Larry's repaired/replaced something that cost $100. I haven't received it back yet to see the repair invoice.

Thanks for the help and topic is pretty much closed.
Peter
Rover

Post by Rover »

How much was the return shipping?