Morini rink problem

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
narayanan

Morini rink problem

Post by narayanan »

I got my rink 162ei grip for my titanium morini, the only problem is that the electronics or the battery block wont fit inside the grip. The grip fits my hand real nicely. I got a 85 mm grip.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

had you mailed mr rink describing the problem?
narayanan

Post by narayanan »

ya, i did, he needs me to send him some photos
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Are you trying to put a EA-electronic in a EI-grip? The 15V-version does not have the same size as the 2 x 1.5V. If you've got the right grip, there should be no problem.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Tycho wrote:Are you trying to put a EA-electronic in a EI-grip?
I thought that there was no difference between the EA and the EI, it was just different letters because of language differences.

I also understood that both used to have the 15V electronics, changing to the AAAs.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Somebody from Germany once explained to me that those sold as EI were 2 x 1.5V, and those sold es EA were 15V, apparently the distinction was made in Germany (where Rink is) for some time by that. Looking at the Rink website, that's exactly what I'm seeing http://www.formgriffe.de/en/shpSR.php?p ... &sfC=swiss

I'm aware though that there are kinds of combination around, including a whole bunch of 162E with interchangeable tanks :-)[/quote]
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Tycho wrote:Somebody from Germany once explained to me that those sold as EI were 2 x 1.5V, and those sold es EA were 15V, apparently the distinction was made in Germany (where Rink is) for some time by that. Looking at the Rink website, that's exactly what I'm seeing http://www.formgriffe.de/en/shpSR.php?p ... &sfC=swiss
...but then you look at the Gehmann catalogue and see that they are using the EA suffix for the twin AAA version.
flolo

Post by flolo »

Ea and ei are the same, 162e has a different electronic. The meaning for ea is " elektronik, austauschbar", which means the same as "electronic interchangable" , in other words "162ei". The reason for this is that in german "ei" means "egg", and it's pronounced like "ay". So they thought it won't be cool shooing with an egg
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

But no matter what they call them, there are two versions, and IF you've got the wrong grip, that's gonna be a problem...
jipe

Post by jipe »

I think that the old version was 162E ?

Also, a right hand electronics doesn't fit into a left hand grip and opposite.

You need a right hand elctronics for the right hand grip and a left hand electronics for the left hand grip.
narayanan

Post by narayanan »

I ordered a 162ei grip with two micro batteries (AAA). I am uploading some photos of rink & morini grips. The battery cover of rink is made of cheap plastic.
Attachments
Img 1.jpg
narayanan

Post by narayanan »

Check out these images as well
Attachments
Img2.jpg
Img3.jpg
Img4.jpg
Battery cover
Battery cover
peterleduc

Rink problems

Post by peterleduc »

I'm going to say from those images you have a problem that Rink needs to deal with for you. In the image with the electronics overlayed on the grip it looks like it's not big enough to contain the elecronic board at all.

Send the pictures to Rink and tell them what's up. They should pay for your return shipping to them. It looks like the on/off switch slot needs to be at an angle at the very least.

You have the latest and greatest 162EI electronics board and you ordered the correct grip based upon how they labeled it 162EI. More or less I'd say they screwed up.

Peter LeDuc
narayanan

Post by narayanan »

@peterleduc, you read my mind brotha. I sent them the photos & this is the reply ->

{ Dear Mr. Ramesh,

we can't see the problem at the photos.
Once more: Is it a problem of the thickness or of the length?

There are three posibillities:

1. You can fix the problem by yourself with sandpaper or a file.

2. You send the grip and the electronic-block to us and we'll do it.

3. You return the grip and we'll return the money.

Best regards
Thomas Rink

Rink-Formgriffe
Am Hofacker 10, 35614 Asslar-Bechlingen, Germany
Tel.: +49-(0)6440/750502, Fax: +49-(0)6440/750503
www.pistol-grips.net

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "R Narayanan" <rajh_narayan@yahoo.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch 20.03.2013 06:23:10
An: Rink-Formgriffe
Betreff: Morini 162ei grip problem

Hello sir, i am attaching some photos of your grip & morini grip.
It is really difficult to insert & extract the electronic module or the
battery block from the grip. Even after i forced it in, the module doesn't
come into contact with the weapon. It was really difficult to extract it afterwards.

Regards
Narayan.Ramesh (Cochin) }

I live in south india & the customs guys here are a ginormous pain in the butt, especially if they hear the terms pistol etc. I had to wait 6 months just to clear my LP10. Even after i produced all the neccessary certificates (Like my clubs membership). I also had to pay a customs duty of 36% to get my grip. So sending it to them is not an option. I'll get the grip to them
when i visit Germany.
scausi

Rink grip fits just fine

Post by scausi »

Hi I dont know if you got your Rink grip to fit your air pistol,
But i would like to set the Record Straight, i have also just received my Rink grip for my Morini 162 ei and i thought i had the same problem as you had,
I tryed to fit the electonics in, and it looked like they would not fit .The exact same as the photo,s you posted and was about to email Thomas Rink .
But then i pushed the electrics from the front end nearest the trigger guard and they popped in very snugly, so it is all about the angle how you try and insert the electrics , if you try and just push the electronics in the hole they look like they are too big and and the led light is 1cm from the slot hole so they wont go in. so for anyone buying a Rink Grip for their Morini 162ei rest assured they do fit and ther are no problems with Rink Grips .
cheers Steve
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

I had a similar problem but overcome it by inserting the elctronics before fully tightening the grip screws to the frame. Leaving the screws slightly loose allows the grip to wobble and accomodate any bumps or mislignment as the board finds its way to its socket. I have purchased about fifteen Rink grips for air, standard, and free pistols. In my experience the quality of the grips, their fitment, and Rink's response to special requests has always been excellent.