Brass Catcher

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

TomJ

Brass Catcher

Post by TomJ »

Good Evening, Does anyone have plans for a brass catcher? If so, I appreciate your posting them. Thanks, Tom
m67402

Post by m67402 »

Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

sbtzc

Post by sbtzc »

I made one using a cheap butterfly net, PVC pipe, a plastic ammo box, an o-ring, flexible metal strapping and heavy screws.

Build a PVC frame that sits on top of the ammo box out of 4, 90° elbows, 2 pieces of pipe for the short ends, 1 long piece of pipe for 1 of the long sides, 2 pieces of pipe and a 90° T for the remaining side.

Use the flexible metal strapping to hold down the frame and screw it into the lid of box on the short ends. I didn't glue any of this frame together as there were plastic corners that stuck up from the ammo box's lid that held the corners. If you glue the frame, do NOT glue the T - you want to be able to adjust the angle of the net. Friction will hold the thing together.

Cut a length of PVC that will fit inside the ammo box (the upright). Cut the handle of the net to be a little longer than the upright. Put the o-ring on the upright. The upright goes into the 90° T and the net handle will slide down over it. Use the o-ring to adjust the height of the net.

The upright fits in the ammo box, along with your CF and .45 ammo boxes and brass bags. You can carry the ammo box and the net with one hand and your gun box with the other. The weight of the box and ammo/brass hold the thing down on the bench. You can open your ammo box with the net attached if you're careful.
TomJ

Post by TomJ »

Thanks to all for your comments.
Tom
Kevin Donahoe

Post by Kevin Donahoe »

I made my brass catcher from a fishing net, about 16-18" diameter. Cut the handle off and it fit into a piece of 1" pipe I welded onto a scrap of plate I had in the shop. To adjust the height I took a piece of 1/8" welding rod and hammered a taper on one end to jam between the wood handle and pipe.

I've seen an even more Rube Goldberg contraption made of pvc and laundry bag from WalMart. The laundry bag was a similar weave as the fish net and had a bigger open area, good for the less than perfect tuned extractor/ejector.