Morini cm22 trigger set up

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scausi

Morini cm22 trigger set up

Post by scausi »

Hi People, have a ?"
My Morini cm22 trigger is set so the 1st stage weight is 750gms and the 2nd stage weight is 250gms total 1000gms,
Has anyone or does anyone have it set up differant i.e 500/500/
. or 400/600, etc and what would be the main differance in setting the 1st stage lighter than the 2nd stage , i am happy with the way i set my cm22 up,so rather than playing with my set up.
I am just interested to hear your thoughts
P.S MY TRIGGER IS SET UP SO IT IS ALMOST LIKE A SINGLE STAGE TRIGGER LIKE MY WALTHER GSP EXPERT JUST MY PREFERANCE.
Cheers .S
chuckjordan

Post by chuckjordan »

cm22rf here. No, I haven't touched the factory settings. comfortable for me and has same 'feel' in 1st, 2nd as my AP (lp2).

Only issue is 1st sear has a scratchy feel. almost want to disassemble it and stone it smooth.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

500 + 500 (plus a margin for Equipment Control) in my CM22M RFsuits me for Rapid Fire Pistol

Re chuckjordan's comment on the 'scratchy' 1st stage:
While it seems to be related to the amount of trigger bar slack, mine had this for the first 5000 rounds.
mattswe

Post by mattswe »

Previously I had the factory setup of the 2nd stage.

But, I started to feel that it became a bit too heavy/glassbreak (I could easily feel the 2dn stage after picking up the 1st stage) and I wanted to have a more consistent pull until the shot breaks.

Now I seem to have managed to more or less removed my 2nd stage and can weigh in the gun at 1000gr with only the 1st stage.
But, I have a feeling that I really should involve the 2nd stage a little bit...

So, how did you set your 2nd stage to make it feel like just one single stage trigger?

Adjust the strength of the "ball" on top of the 2nd stage spring?

Im looking for a smooth pull, and just as you guys said here, I feel that there is some "unevenness" to the trigger during 1st stage.
mattswe

Post by mattswe »

OK, so I adjusted my trigger. Longer creep on second stage (reduced 1st a bit and added up the 2nd) will make it feel nice all over the trigger pull.

Now the scratchy part.
It's not the sear as far as I can see.
With the gun not cocked, I fell a scratchyness moving the trigger. This is also felt if the gun is cocked, making the trigger move forward in small "leaps" instead of a consistent pull.

I think that its the big plastic part where the trigger is mounted on that cause friction against the inner wall of the trigger assembly frame. Sanding/polishing of the side surfaces should be the solution.

I dont think it is the 1st/2nd stage springs that cause it as they are not active/moving when the gun is at rest.

Any suggest/ advise?
David M

Post by David M »

Slightly increase the slack of the trigger bar and check that it fully engages.
You should feel a very small amount of free rattle as the trigger bar engages.