Boot Options

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ravensedge

Boot Options

Post by ravensedge »

I have a shooter needing new boots - Unforunately hers are worn out and I can't wait until all the dust settles to assure we understand all the new regulations. Any suggestions on boots that will hopefully pass the new regulations when they are all in place? She is shooting well enough to look beyond the entry level boots and find something that will hopefully last. Any suggestions on boot brand and model would be appreciated.
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

Many shooters buy the current boots with square toes and then just sand or file them down. My preference in boot happens to fall with Kurt Thune because they are wide enough to allow my large foot to be comfortable in (size 49 euro size 14.5 USA).
HannahGary

Post by HannahGary »

How long did she have her boots and what brand? I have some Gehmann boots with square toes and they've lasted a while and they definitely improved my score. I'm not going to sand the toes down until I absolutely have to though. But I would suggest that when she gets hers that she goes ahead and sands them down cause she's going to have to anyways. That way she'll get used to them with rounded toes.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Chatting with some of the AMU shooters at Rocky Mountain last week, the indications were that it will be 6 months minimum before new boot/shoe designs hit the market.

If you have boots/shoes now, USA Shooting is not enforcing that rule. Only if you are hitting ISSF comps do you need to be concerned.

We're waiting before we do any mods on gear for now ... not necessary here in the USA.
ravensedge

Post by ravensedge »

Thanks for the replies,
Hers are 3 years old and are worn out - no tread left at all and she is sliding around. I wish we could wait until all the new models hit the shelves but it is not an option. Ordered a pair of Sauer's and they arrived yesterday - Too Big - back in the mail to try again.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I was looking for a good pair with low heel rise for standing. I bought a pair of Corami boots and really like the secure lacing. They also come with an insole kit. I have a wide foot and use Dr. Scholls pillow inserts. I practice dry firing on tile floors and my footing has been secure.
markahopper

Post by markahopper »

One of our Junior shooters had to send his Anschuts boots back under warranty. The ones he got sent back this week had a rounded toe. That indicates to me that they will be hitting the shelves soon.

However I really don't know much more then that.