How come?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Roadthing

How come?

Post by Roadthing »

How come there is never any International matches at Camp Perry. I think this would be cool.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

International matches have the shooters protected from being directly influenced by the wind / elements hitting their body.

At CP, the only possible range would be the defunct 300 meter range to the far right.
Ken
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

1813benny wrote:International matches have the shooters protected from being directly influenced by the wind / elements hitting their body.

At CP, the only possible range would be the defunct 300 meter range to the far right.
Ken
Ken, I think that would be a great move to convert that range for International. Cant see that it would take that much work and I have shot on that range. That is were we have are Ohio State match.

Doug K.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Local ranges can deviate form ISSF rules, it wouldn't be acceptable for a World Cup event but it could be used for any other level of competion.
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

It was my understanding the 300 meter range at Perry, was built the wrong distance, and cannot be used for official tournaments.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Doug was referring to 50 meter ISU events.
Ken
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

1813benny wrote:Doug was referring to 50 meter ISU events.
Ken
Yes sorry about that.

Doug K
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

The range is difficult for 50 meters, the targets have to be really high, because of a big dip in front of the line.
If electronic targets were to be used, if I remember right, it would need a bench over 5 feet high.
They do use it for smallbore, the junior camp is run from that venue.
They also use it for the junior pistol camp.
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

Trooperjake wrote:The range is difficult for 50 meters, the targets have to be really high, because of a big dip in front of the line.
If electronic targets were to be used, if I remember right, it would need a bench over 5 feet high.
They do use it for smallbore, the junior camp is run from that venue.
They also use it for the junior pistol camp.
We also shoot a in a ORPA match, 3p,and prone on the weekend after fathers day I believe.

Doug K.
Misny

Post by Misny »

One can shoot air pistol and air rifle at the CMP's indoor range at Camp Perry.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I think they shoot the Mayleigh Cup match on that range to the right of the flag pole. It is sort of international. It is shot on an international target, but they allow any sight.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

How about the Pershing?
Hap Rocketto

Pershing match Location

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Tim,

The Pershing will be shot in the center of the prone smallbore line around the point that separates Young and Rodriguez Ranges.

If the Canadians attend we will need three blocks of ten targets with additional space in between teams-perhaps a total of 40 or 50 points in total. Petrarca Range would be a bit crowded under these circumstances. There is also no adequate area for the gallery to observe the match.

Also, as the three days of shooting that lead up to the Pershing will all be shot on Young and Rodriguez Ranges, to acclimatize all competitors to the conditions, it would mean a radical change in the shooting environment which would negate the previous three days of preparation.

Regards,

Hap