Sight ratios

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

COBelties

Sight ratios

Post by COBelties »

I was switching out my sons sights with a new barrel and came across a thought. He seems to have alot of float between the rear sight and front sight, but not alot in the front sight to target. Everything I read and have learned is that you want basic proportion from rear to front to target. He seems to do well with a tighter front sight on the target (not too tight still some minor float), but I'm wondering if making the front sight tighter has increased the float to the rear and might have adverse impacts?

Thanks
tenring

Post by tenring »

The two do not have that much to do with each other. If your son likes a certain size aperture on the front, then leave it. What your talking about (float around the bull, and proportion of float around the front sight) is corrected by moving the rear sight or moving the position to get the eye closer to the rear sight.

Use the rear aperture to get the sharpest sight picture of the front aperture not the bull.

Using too small an aperture in front can fuzz the bull and cause eye fatigue later in a match. It that is happening. keep moving larger until the eye can stay comfortable the entire match.