ammo

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

majjord

ammo

Post by majjord »

looking for wolf 22lr match target for our 4h youth rifle club .can someone point us in a direction .everywhere we have looked is out and most are not allowing backorders.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

SK Match Target is the same ammo.

Looks like Midway may have some (their website does not say "out of stock").

Same thing for Champion Shooters Supply (who also may have some Wolf).
bugman1955

ammo

Post by bugman1955 »

Also, Champions Choice.
majjord

ammo

Post by majjord »

thanks we have tried champions choice but champion shooters web site has been down will try calling them
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Remember it's Shot Show week so people in the industry might be hard to get ahold of.
peakconti2

Post by peakconti2 »

I ordered a punch of ammo the other day from Champions, both Champions Choice and Champions shooters supply are out of stock of a lot of ammunition, mostly do to the new law that took effect in NYS. They said ammo was flying off the shelf. I purchased every last box of Eli Black they had 17 boxes, NO SK or wolf in stock,
xnoncents

Post by xnoncents »

You are going to have to hunt hard. Due to the current political climate most ammo and reloading supply calibers including exotics and unusual have been bought up. My advice is try out of the way places. Midway was never really reliable for SK/Wolf anyway, and everyone including shooters who don't really know what Wolf/SK, Eley or Lapua is, buy there, and will snap up whatever is on their shelves just to have something to shoot. Champions Choice and Champion Shooters were out of most stuff Tenex included, and expected to be so for some time.

Hopefully you have a menu of brands/types that your rigs accurately shoot, so you are not restricted to only one type, as that will severely curtail options. 'Lot testing' as we know it will not be practical for the near term future (and almost impossible in NY), unless you have some sympathetic friends who are willing to swap lots, presupposing you have something to trade. (Again, now not an option in NY).

I once met a former small bore rifle Olympian who mentioned to me that he became nervous whenever his personal ammo stocks fell below 30,000 rounds, and I raised my eyebrows but said nothing. Now, I completely understand.
PaulB

more questions about .22 ammo

Post by PaulB »

So, where is all the .22 ammo being made today going? Are the factories making as much as they always did, or more, or less? No one seems to be able to get any, or if they do it is a very small amount. I used to buy CCI SV .22 in 50 rd boxes from either Dicks, Champion's Choice or Champion Shooters Supply. None seem to be able to get it and some say that it is not going to be made any more. Did some searching and about 6 months ago found a small gun store selling it. At the time they said they had 50 cases. Now that same gun store only saves a small amount for walk-in traffic and sells the rest on GunBroker. They must have a warehouse full. For the past month or so they have had 30-40 cases for sale with staggered auction times. They always have this many up for sale - one goes out the top and another comes up for sale. I figure they have sold at least 100 cases in the past month at prices upto about $550 whereas 3 months ago the store sold it for $280/case. How do they have so much and no one else has any? Local gun shows used to have tons now they limit you to one brick if they have any. One site had 450 bricks come up at $35 per brick, limit 4 bricks, and it sold out in 10 minutes.

Anyone got the real scoop as to "where have all the bullets gone"?
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I was lucky and stocked up on ammo last year. Since the prices went crazy I elected to gouge a couple of shooters that I know. One is even an up and coming junior shooter. I rounded the price up by two dollars per case and delivered it with gasoline at near 4/gallon.
My opinion is this dry spell will not last. 99% of the hoarders won't shoot. Even if they do shoot, new ammo will soon be sitting at the distributors and the price and availability will relax. I also guess it will be up in price a bit due to the continued devaluation of the US dollar. I guess 10% higher this fall than last fall.
Anyway I hope shooters can find ammo to tide them over, and other shooters can help carry them though these goofy times.
Chris

Post by Chris »

there are millions of new gun owners buying ammo as well as current gun owners buying some more to stock up. Those who do not keep a lot of stock around are the ones who suffer when this happens. It will be several months before they catch up and then we should see ammo in stock. Hope you know a person who will sell you some at normal market costs and not make you pay a premium for the stuff.
MarkTrew

Ammo

Post by MarkTrew »

There is a small dealer in Western Pennsylvania called Bert's Garage. It is a part time operation but has good prices and HAD a decent supply of SK last week, plus a good bit of Eley Match

Bert's Garage phone 724-728-2442
ModestoPete

SK Pistol 22 ammo

Post by ModestoPete »

I just bought some last Thursday, February 21 from Champions Choice.

I don't know how much they have or how soon they will be sold out too.
osceola2013

Re: Ammo

Post by osceola2013 »

MarkTrew wrote:There is a small dealer in Western Pennsylvania called Bert's Garage. It is a part time operation but has good prices and HAD a decent supply of SK last week, plus a good bit of Eley Match

Bert's Garage phone 724-728-2442
Bert is out of SK and Wolf all he has right now is Eley. If anyone is looking for match ammo I found a couple of places that had SK Match and Wolf Match Extra in stock as of yesterday. PM me and I will give you the info, (No Hoarders)
gfeucht

backorders

Post by gfeucht »

I had the SK Standard Plus (same as Wolf Match Target) just shipped from Champion's Choice. I back-ordered it about 2 weeks ago. So - stuff is coming in. Patience is needed, though.