Peters Stahl

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

schatzperson

Peters Stahl

Post by schatzperson »

Does anyone here have any real experience with Peters Stahl 45's ?
They surface often for sale here in Europe.
They have this odd double extractor and the one I have handled had really tight lockup....No movement between barrel muzzel and frame both fully forward and slide partially withdrawn but pre-unlock; Breech end is also solid.
Wondering if anyone has seriously tested this gun for actual accuracy at 50 yards.
Haemmerli208s

Post by Haemmerli208s »

Has shoot the Peter Stahl appr. 15 years ago in 45 ACP from a friend. Worked fine and accurate but only limited experiences because bought this gun for competition 25m. Would say same as good as my LB Premier II. Peter Stahl obviously went down and comes up again over the last years (with a new owner?). Sometimes they can be found not expensive and two people I know are satisfied with it. But as I have said only limited eperiences ;-(. There should be more information in German Language in German Forums.
uwe
schatzperson

Peters stahl

Post by schatzperson »

Yes, there seems to be some confusion about the Peters Stahl mark. I have seen KPS, PSW, Omega, Springfield etc all connected in some manner.
However most people I know speak highly of linkless design and general workmanship.
I have done some research with my admittedly limited German, but I have yet not seen any "nuts and bolts" evaluations. It seems as if the "cool" crowd is everywhere, so all you end up with is nonsense and street gibberish.
I am interested in metered accuracy, loads, trigger characteristics etc.
Haemmerli208s

Post by Haemmerli208s »

Something in German but if this review is good enough for you is up to you ;-)
uwe from Germany
http://www.svi-flass.de/scepter.pdf
schatzperson

Peters

Post by schatzperson »

Thank you for that link Haemmerli208s.
Very interesting. Seems as if a Peters Stahl would be on par with a les baer.
Naturally this will be offset by parts/service availability etc.
In my case, living in the backwaters of Europe, the Peters might be a better option.
One other issue is that most american 1911's would be either hard or soft ball and so designed ( same for Pardini 45's) . I have not seen any such designation for the various Peters Stahl makers and versions; Especially now that Peters Stahl production is no more.

This is tempting :-)
http://www.egun.de/market/list_items.ph ... rs&quick=1
goldhome

Post by goldhome »

Thanks, your link take me help! thanks