Morini Digital Gauge from Santa

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pilkguns
Site Admin

Morini Digital Gauge from Santa

Post by pilkguns »

Nice stocking stuffer! Brand new cylinder $200 shipped between now and Dec 20th.

We have the regular guages too in stock. Those are $175

do not PM. call 931-924-3400 or email to info@pilkguns
Attachments
Mdig.jpg
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I'm not familiar with the digital version. Do they require batteries? If so, are they "normal" button cells of some flavor?

The last thing I need is another Morini product that requires weird batteries...
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

CR2032

Clarence
BEA

Morini cylinders

Post by BEA »

A nice feature about these new cylinders is that they also tells you how many shots you have left.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

A nice feature about these new cylinders is that they also tells you how many shots you have left.
Wonder how the tank knows the setting of the V0. I'll bet they calculate it at 145 m/sec, and everybody else has a problem...
Marcos

Post by Marcos »

Tycho wrote:
Wonder how the tank knows the setting of the V0. I'll bet they calculate it at 145 m/sec, and everybody else has a problem...
Well, they could measure how much air the pistol takes for each shot. I don't know if they do this, but they could ...

Regards, Marcos
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Marcos wrote:
Tycho wrote:
Well, they could measure how much air the pistol takes for each shot. I don't know if they do this, but they could ...
Wouldn't that need the gauge to have a shot sensor built into it. I suppose that's possible, but I bet it hasn't ;-)
trinity

Post by trinity »

Just as a FYI, the new cylinder is slightly heavier than the old manometer version. Not sure if the men will notice, but for me, I can definitely notice the weight difference on a Morini short. The shot counter is only an estimate. Mine still showed 10 shots left when the cocking lever locked. The new one does seem to get more shots than the old ones.

-trinity
Marcos

Post by Marcos »

David Levene wrote:
Marcos wrote:
Tycho wrote:
Wouldn't that need the gauge to have a shot sensor built into it. I suppose that's possible, but I bet it hasn't ;-)
They have a shot sensor. Every time the pistol takes new air, a shot has been fired. :-)
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I assume they are stamped with a 10 year lifetime? I seem to recall that the earlier Morini cylinders were good for 20, but I'm not sure that is allowed under the new rules.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Gwhite wrote:I assume they are stamped with a 10 year lifetime? I seem to recall that the earlier Morini cylinders were good for 20, but I'm not sure that is allowed under the new rules.
The LCD display automatically self destructs after 10 years.
narayanan

Post by narayanan »

Gwhite wrote:I'm not familiar with the digital version. Do they require batteries? If so, are they "normal" button cells of some flavor?

The last thing I need is another Morini product that requires weird batteries...
There is a detailed instruction manual for this at the morini websites download section http://www.morini.ch/download.php
rmca

Post by rmca »

j-team wrote:
Gwhite wrote:I assume they are stamped with a 10 year lifetime? I seem to recall that the earlier Morini cylinders were good for 20, but I'm not sure that is allowed under the new rules.
The LCD display automatically self destructs after 10 years.
Does it give a count down to the doom's day or does it just goes bang?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

There is a detailed instruction manual for this at the morini websites download section http://www.morini.ch/download.php
Interesting. They have a calibration process so the shot count will take into account the gas usage for the pellets being shot & velocity setting of the pistol.

They also note that the units aren't interchangeable, which suggests the pressure sensor calibration is stored in the readout assembly. That could make it difficult to repair/replace one if it ever dies.
Rover

Post by Rover »

If they'd just leave that date off it would solve a bunch of annoying problems. I don't think anyone makes them put it on but their lawyers.