Orion Scoring (What scanner)

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Will Lennon

Orion Scoring (What scanner)

Post by Will Lennon »

I have the Orion Scoring System and currently use a Brother Scanner, (all in one) to scan the targets. It has an auto feeder and works well most of the time. I know Orion recommended 3 different Canon Scanners (cheapest being ~$500). Is anyone using another auto feed scanner successfully?

Thanks
Will
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I've used many scanners in the Canon line with ORION ... all the way from an MP210 (flatbed) to the DR-5010C.

For the club we use a DR-3010C and from what I've seen it is the most accurate of the bunch. I >>think<< it's because it has a white background behind the hole.

I've had what I call "ghost shots" in the corners and edges with the 5010.
I only use that at matches where we have relays of 28-50 shooters as it scans real fast and takes a large pile of targets. (APS has two of these, but they are like $5K each)

The 3010 is my favorite as I score the A-4 size (AR & SBR), the single bull 10cmX10cm air rifle targets, as well as the single bull air pistol targets with no issues. It does not hold as big of an input pile (maybe 15 targets max), but the CapturePerfect and Auto score allows you to keep feeding them in.