EAA Tanfoglio Witness Match 40 ACP ?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

BAMO

EAA Tanfoglio Witness Match 40 ACP ?

Post by BAMO »

Anyone own or has test fired an EAA Tanfoglio Witness Match pistol in either 40 cal. or 45 cal.? My local gunshop has a fine condition one in the case for well below book value. Would like to know what overall experience anyone has had with one of these including accuracy. Thanks
BenEnglishTX

Re: EAA Tanfoglio Witness Match 40 ACP ?

Post by BenEnglishTX »

BAMO wrote:Anyone own or has test fired an EAA Tanfoglio Witness Match pistol in either 40 cal. or 45 cal.? My local gunshop has a fine condition one in the case for well below book value. Would like to know what overall experience anyone has had with one of these including accuracy. Thanks
I've got one in .45 and can't speak to the intrinsic accuracy. I'm not good enough for that. I found it to be large, heavy, and very "shootable", i.e. I tend to shoot better groups than I expect. That last is a pretty meaningless way to say "I like it".

I intend, in the near future, to bench test it for accuracy as soon as I get a rail, scope, and rings on it. If you're not in much hurry, I should be able to post something here in a couple of weeks.
harleyjjh

Post by harleyjjh »

I have Witness Match pistols in 45, 9mm, and 38 Super. They are really well made, very accurate, and reliable. I shoot the 45 for Major in bowling pin matches and the 9mm for Minor. One thing to be careful of is choosing the older models with the bomar-type rear sights. All of the new Witness Match pistols (except the Stock II) have smaller less target-oriented sights. If the one you are looking at is one that has the great target rear sight, you will not be disappointed.