Any real differences between new and older FWB AW93s?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mike M.

Any real differences between new and older FWB AW93s?

Post by Mike M. »

I've got a line on an older (S/N ~4500) AW93. Are there any significant differences between one of those and the latest production guns? Thanks.
Muffo

Re: Any real differences between new and older FWB AW93s?

Post by Muffo »

Mike M. wrote:I've got a line on an older (S/N ~4500) AW93. Are there any significant differences between one of those and the latest production guns? Thanks.
From where Im sitting they are basicly the same, also basicly the same as a hammerli 208
shadow

FWB

Post by shadow »

There have been many discussions here on Target Talk about the FWB; I would search both the Olympic and BE forum. I recall varied comments on different models (early, mid, recent). Some mentioned slides cracking, chambers so tight requiring reaming etc. There was one on Gunbroker a couple of months ago and the price never got very night - you might want to take a look at completed auctions and see what serial number it was. Also, go to the FWB website as they list parts/acc for specifiic serial numbers so it leads me to believe there are distinct differences. I prefer buying a new one.
tito64

Re: FWB

Post by tito64 »

shadow wrote:There have been many discussions here on Target Talk about the FWB; I would search both the Olympic and BE forum. I recall varied comments on different models (early, mid, recent). Some mentioned slides cracking, chambers so tight requiring reaming etc. There was one on Gunbroker a couple of months ago and the price never got very night - you might want to take a look at completed auctions and see what serial number it was. Also, go to the FWB website as they list parts/acc for specifiic serial numbers so it leads me to believe there are distinct differences. I prefer buying a new one.

I have both the mid one and the new one and the trigger of the mid is for much superior to the recents ( sensation, better adjusting, etc etc) and the mids are more heavier than the new ones.