Morini 162EI grip for exceptionally small hand?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
IPshooter

Morini 162EI grip for exceptionally small hand?

Post by IPshooter »

A lady near me is getting into air pistol with a Morini 162EI. She has very small hands, and even the XXS grip does not allow her to grip the pistol correctly.

In short, she cannot wrap her fingers around the front strap correctly. Instead of getting the second segment of her fingers on the front, they are more centered up on the right front corner of the grip.

I've looked at modifying the grip (removing wood), but there doesn't appear to be much there to remove.

Does anyone know of a source for an even smaller grip? Rink, perhaps? Or, if you have run into this issue, how did you solve it?

TIA

Stan
David N

Post by David N »

Last edited by David N on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
gn303

Post by gn303 »

I have +/- the same problem: medium to large hand with but short fingers. Adapting grips has cost me a lot of money. I had some success with the Rink grips. But recently I went to Asslar myself, what I should have done from the beginning(!), and met the 'master' in person. He has done a very good job on my Match Guns. If some of you travel to Europe make some time to visit Rink shop it is really worth the trip! Another advantage, Rink will save your hand size in case you would like to order other grips for other guns in the future.
Have fun shooting,
Guy
john_almighty

Post by john_almighty »

gn303 wrote:I have +/- the same problem: medium to large hand with but short fingers. Adapting grips has cost me a lot of money. I had some success with the Rink grips. But recently I went to Asslar myself, what I should have done from the beginning(!), and met the 'master' in person. He has done a very good job on my Match Guns. If some of you travel to Europe make some time to visit Rink shop it is really worth the trip! Another advantage, Rink will save your hand size in case you would like to order other grips for other guns in the future.
Have fun shooting,
Guy
Slighty off topic, but i wanted to know something about your visit. I am planning to go to Rink shop on my next europe trip but it is a real hassle to carry guns across borders. I was wondering if the Rink shop has a few common pistols you could use for this process like a morini or steyr.
gn303

Post by gn303 »

Living in Europe and traveling by car, transporting a firearm is not a major problem. (We have a European weapons pass) By air is of course another issue. I do think Rink has a frame of the major brands, but I wouldn't bet on it, especially if you travel such a long way. The best advice I can give you is to e-mail Rink and ask him. E.g. I can imagine that he could borrow a pistol of one of his club members if necessary. And btw, Wetzlar a medieval town 10 mi from Asslar, is worth visiting, as is Limburg an der Lahn.
Good luck and have a nice trip!
Guy
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

This might be the only time you ever hear me say this. Get Something other than a morini. because of the circuit bord in the grip you simply wont be able to make the grip smaller. sell it and buy something else. Id say look at a matchgun as for a really small hand the superb adjustability would be a huge bonus
yana

Post by yana »

Indeed a pitty she didnt try/test the morii before buying..
You could try switching to the 162M if she prefers morini, it has no E trigger, soprobably more room to fiddle with the grip.
Otherwise, the new LP10 have véry thin grips, as does the Aeron Spider and Alfa Proj/AA Alfa pistol (but wouldnt advise the last 1).
David N

Post by David N »

Last edited by David N on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
john_almighty

Post by john_almighty »

As most have mentioned she will struggle to get the grip very small in case of electronic triggers. So you need to rethink on the gun. Steyr lp10 i think has a metal rod through the grip to hold it in place and hence you could take off a lot of wood with that type of grip. Another thought would be to try the kid version APs like Pardini Kid http://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Pistols/Par ... 3_Kid.html