Feinwerkbau 700 issues

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

bpscCheney

Feinwerkbau 700 issues

Post by bpscCheney »

When shooting my feinwerkbau 700 it usually performs outstanding but today I was shooting an about 25 shots in instea of the normal thump that comes out of the rifle I hear a tink instead. I look at the shot and it's a 2 @ 6 o'clock. I checked the seals and looked at the air pressure which was at 160bar so I don't believe air pressure is the problem not the seals. I figured heck it is a one time thing and keep shootin and it shoots pretty well until seven or eight shots later when it does the weird sound again. Any idea what could cause this?
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

Hmm... so today I noticed a rattle inside the bolt. Is there supposed to be a rattle in the bolt?
txjm

rattle

Post by txjm »

maybe the recoil dampener has come apart. Read the section of the manual where it addresses the dampener function. I believe it discussed adjustment there. I adjusted mine and accidently went too far. It rattled after that. Mine went back together fine.
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

Weird, I went and stopped the rattle and it sounded normal until 50ish shots in where it dropped two lines down and made the funny sound again. I put the rattle back in and haven't had a problem since. I even shot my highest score ever. Weird.