Anschutz 1907

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

oddsonjjf

Anschutz 1907

Post by oddsonjjf »

I have a shooter that is having some issues w/ his 1907 not firing all the time. Gun has a been cleaned and a new firing pin added.. thoughts??

Ammo that has misfired are low end target to very high end ammo.. Has happened 5-8 times in that last two matches...any ideas would be appreciated..thanks
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Has the trigger been adjusted lately? Is the firing pin dropping during those misfires?
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Was the trigger mechanism moved or removed when the rifle was cleaned? The mounting bolts go through slots rather than holes, so the trigger mechansim can be mored backwards or forwards. If the trigger is moved too far forwards, you can get light strikes because the firing pin spring isn't compressed enough. The trigger should be placed so the signal pin at the rear of the bolt doesn't move as the firing pin moves from the cocking cam to the trigger.

Excess headspace could be the culprit, as the case can move forward when struck by the firing pin, cushioning the blow.

Another thought, you say the pin has been replaced; has the firing pin spring been replaced as well? I'd also check the smaller spring over the signal pin. This provides a good chunk of the pin's oomph; a year of two ago I inadervtantly put the spring from my 1613 into my 1813 which caused near 50% light strikes because the 1613 spring is shorter and weaker.

Tim S
oddsonjjf

Post by oddsonjjf »

the replaced firing pin was complete with spring from cc... the trigger has not been adjusted lately
gtrisdale

Post by gtrisdale »

Why was the firing pin replaced? Was the gun misfiing before the firing pin was replaced?
oddsonjjf

Anschutz 1907

Post by oddsonjjf »

Gun was bought used.. decided that we should have an extra... replaced it when it started to misfire...seemed to work...however now back to square one
oddsonjjf

Post by oddsonjjf »

firing pin does drop when trigger is pulled
gtrisdale

Post by gtrisdale »

Try this.
Take the bolt apart and thoroughly clean the inside of the bolt. Use a spray solvent based cleaner.
Put the new spring on the old firing pin. Apply grease to the firing pin. Grease all points where the fining pin contacts/rubs on the bolt, including where it slides in the slot at the back of the bolt. Be sure and grease the outside of the spring.
Put it all back together and see if this helps with the problem.

One thing to be aware of is that anschutz firing pins are not drop in replacements. They are frequently too long and must be filed down. Dry firing with a new firing pin that is too long may damage the end of the chamber. Be careful.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

oddsonjjf wrote:the replaced firing pin was complete with spring from cc... the trigger has not been adjusted lately

Moving the trigger group often fixes the issue. I think that is your next step given the spring and pin was replaced. I personally avoid grease on the firing pin.
oddsonjjf

Post by oddsonjjf »

ok...gives me something to look at...thanks guys....will keep you posted
oddsonjjf

Post by oddsonjjf »

trigger group moved back....seemed to be the tickets thanks TT crew!!!
KIM

Post by KIM »

Hi,
Take the stock off then loosen the screws that holds the trigger to the action, then slide the trigger back as far as it will go ( it should only move about 2mm) then tighten the screws up. That may fix it, it fix mine about 3 years ago & has not miss fired since. Best of luck.
Kim