Questions for Rika World Champion target system owners/users

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

jcar

Questions for Rika World Champion target system owners/users

Post by jcar »

I recently purchased a Rika target return system from Pilkguns and am having a few issues . I'd call them but they're closed over the weekend.

First guestion. Do you have problems with the original 1 amp fuse blowing once the unit warms up?

Second question. Does the pulley on your unit get fairly warm while the unit is sitting with
the power switch on and not sending targets down range?

Thanks,
SMBeyer

Post by SMBeyer »

Yes and yes.

I did blow the fuse that came in it fairly soon after getting it. I went to Radio Shack and replaced it with a 1.5 amp "slo-blow" fuse and haven't had any problems since.

If you leave it on for an extended period or forget to turn it off it will get quite warm but I haven't seen any problems from doing such so far.

Scott
jcar

Post by jcar »

Thanks Scott. I ended up putting a 1.5 amp fuse in mine as well with no problems. I wonder if Rika failed to up rate the fuse when they went from the European 220 volt 30 watt motor to the US 110 volt 30 watt motor. The US motor draws twice as much current as the European version. Their parts list shows both motors, but only one 1 amp fuse. How long have you had your unit?

Post by Guest »

I agree with both points Scott made. My 1.5 amp SLOBLO fuse has been fine since I installed it more than six years ago when the original blew within minutes of initial set up. Pulley also gets warm and seems to be normal for the unit.
SMBeyer

Post by SMBeyer »

I have had mine for about a year and a half and haven't had any problems since.
Scott