Hammerli FP 10 trigger question???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
daotoys1

Hammerli FP 10 trigger question???

Post by daotoys1 »

I was lucky enough to find and buy a beautiful like new condition complete with original box, test target, tools, literature . This Hammerli FP 10/ 22 LR free pistol single shot pistol for 50 meter target is the newest addition to my collection of Swiss firearms.

This pistol is a pristine example, that has had only a few shots put through it. It was a collectors dream t have found such a good specimen for my collection. Ive owned a number of Hammerli pistols including a number of free pistols, but the FP 10 is something special IMHO. The design and the features of the pistol are so thought out that Its a pleasure to handle the gun, and just do dry firing practice.

Ive wanted one of these for a long time but its been difficult to find one in new/mint condition. I dont know how many that were made but the have seemed to be quite rare here in the USA.

QUESTION: I have read that the FP 10 has 2 different triggers . Some early ones had a over sensitive trigger that could discharge a round with a simple bump on the gun even with the trigger shoe untouched. The upgraded and improved trigger fixed this problem and , again from what I have gathered, this newer trigger was superb in function.

So how exactly do I tell which trigger is in my new gun??? How do you remove and/or get to the trigger mechanism to find out???

As I understand it the problem trigger has only 2 bearings and the improved trigger has 3 bearings???? How exactly do I evaluate the guns trigger? Or is this something that a Hammerli service person should do?

Thanks for any help in this regard.

DAO

P.S.....did I mention how much I like this pistol???

:)