Shooting Boots

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

silentfury214

Shooting Boots

Post by silentfury214 »

Hello all,
I am in the market for some new shooting boots, but i have very wide feet and would like your opinion on which boots are made a little wider. I am currently shooting some Gehmanns (the ones from CC) but would like a pair that is completely flat soled (like the Kurt thune or Sauer)
Thank you!
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

If you contact Corami they will custom make them to fit your wide feet. Don't know about the others, Sauers I found are extremely narrow.
rifleshooter3

Post by rifleshooter3 »

Corami
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

Interesting responses, because Sauer 3016 boots have a very wide, squared-off toe box, perfect for wide feet. I have wide feet and I tried Corami boots in the same size, and found them too narrow to the point of being painful. Great boots, very stiff, but I sure don't think of them as being wide. AHG 137's are decent, and they have a softer toe box, so it's a little more forgiving if your feet are bony. Thune Expert II's are about average, I would put them in about the same range as Corami boots. I think the Sauers use the widest last (form) of all of them.
All that said, if Corami will build them custom, then that might be ideal.
silentfury214

Post by silentfury214 »

My feet measure in at 4e wide, do you think the sauer or the thune's would fit that wide? if so, what would be the best place to order them from?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I suggest you send an email to the manufactures, they will let you know if they can accommodate that width.