Mountain Competition Pistols

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

per82650

Mountain Competition Pistols

Post by per82650 »

Ordered and got a new 45 bullseye gun from Dr. Nick with Aimpoint Micro installed. Dr Nick also gave me the load recipe for it and a powder bar for my Dillon 650. I did not believe the 50 yard groups from a rest. It beat the heck out of my Clark.
Orpanaut

Post by Orpanaut »

So what is the load recipe?

And how long did it take for you to get your pistol?
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

your lucky! most who deal with him are lucky if they ever get what was promised.
usmcmba

Post by usmcmba »

GunRunner wrote:your lucky! most who deal with him are lucky if they ever get what was promised.
I have had him work on three of my guns and never had a problem. Dr. Nick is a great guy to deal with.
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Oh no,

Here we go again.

Clarence
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

C. Perkins wrote:Oh no,

Here we go again.

Clarence
No im sure one or two might have had a good experience, but the majority of things you hear is horror stories, and i personally know three that were screwed by him. There are far Superior gun makers that have good reps so why take a chance on him.
C. Perkins

When I said "oh no, here we go again"

Post by C. Perkins »

I meant all the hashing back and forth as the previous thread on MCP.
It is a waste of bandwidth unless Dr. Nick himself comes on line and addresses all the posted pros and cons.

Since the OP has not returned with any more information and an answer to a question of THE load, I assume he or she was trolling.

I personally do not care about MCP, cause all 3 of my pistols were made by Dave Salyer and function as they should.

I know, I know, I dont have to open this thread and read it, but it is such a waste of time, but I do find it amusing at times :)

JMHO

I will shut up now and lurk.

Clarence
usmcmba

Post by usmcmba »

GunRunner wrote:
C. Perkins wrote:Oh no,

Here we go again.

Clarence
No im sure one or two might have had a good experience, but the majority of things you hear is horror stories, and i personally know three that were screwed by him. There are far Superior gun makers that have good reps so why take a chance on him.
On the contrary, I believe these “horror stories” you mention are only a small fraction of the overall picture. As with any product, the ones who are most vocal are the ones who have had bad experiences, the ones who’s expectations were met or even exceeded go on without mentioning to many others. I disagree also with your opinion that there are “far superior” gun makers out there as Dr Nick’s guns are in my opinion, the best there is (and I have deal with many gunsmiths throughout the years). Gunny Zins would agree too with me too, nuff said.
bentrod

I like my MCP 92

Post by bentrod »

I have had an MCP M92 for about 3 years and I like it. I also have a Sams gun, took delivery this spring. Both guns take the same load.

They both shoot great. I haven't used either one much lately due to illness, but I will shortly.
trulyapostolic

Re: Mountain Competition Pistols

Post by trulyapostolic »

per82650 wrote:Ordered and got a new 45 bullseye gun from Dr. Nick with Aimpoint Micro installed. Dr Nick also gave me the load recipe for it and a powder bar for my Dillon 650. I did not believe the 50 yard groups from a rest. It beat the heck out of my Clark.
Let's get this back on track...
I'd like to know the load also. JHP or less bullets?
I was fortunate enough to pickup a used MCP 1911 last month from a HM. I'm an expert and have already fired several 98's and 97's at 50 yards with that gun. Seems to be really reliable. How's your gun shooting?
davekp

Post by davekp »

185gr Nosler JHP over 4.2gr Vihtavouri N310. Winchester primers, Starline brass. 1.210 OAL, .470 crimp.