Ciro grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
nc513

Ciro grips

Post by nc513 »

A74BEDLM wrote:Another guy makes grips for LP10 -Ciro see Maennel website in Austria you can buy 25+ different grip sizes.
Any idea if these guys are still in business? I tried contacting Maennel by e-mail. It's now been 16 days and no reply.

According to their method of measurement, it seems I have a wide but short hand with short fingers (Ciro grip size L/S).

Morini grips are just horrible for me. Rink maybe a little bit better.
Cobbslane

Post by Cobbslane »

I have my doubts too - for three reasons.

Like you I emailed for info about 14 days ago and had no reply - as yet.

A friend in my Club also emailed abpout 4-5 months ago and did get a reply form someone who dealt with 'orders' who happened to be leaving. His enquiry was passed to someone else who then failed to reply too.

The UK agent for these grips has not heard from them for months despite sending Xmas cards etc. That suggests that they really have dropped off the radar. He told me that Maennel had set up a factory for 'Ciro' but after a while there appeared to have been some argument or other. That is all he knew.

I managed to obtain a Ciro grip - unused in the UK by hunting round. I have to say that the quality is exceptional - well above that of the Steyr standard grip that I have. However, it is also clear that to get it to fit 'perfectly' I will still need to do some modifications despite selecting from the massive range of varying sizes on offer. The holy grail of an off-the-shelf grip that works right out of the box has yet to be found I fear.

(BTW I also emailed Rink for an update on stock and leadtimes for a similar grip - to be told quite firmly that the info was on the website and that leadtime was still 6 weeks and that no stock was held. I was wanting to buy a Rink grip not a BMW - 6 weeks leadtime!) Mind you the email reply took less than 2 hours which was excellent.