freepistol question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SMBeyer

freepistol question

Post by SMBeyer »

First off let me say that I shoot freepistol but I am not a freepistol shooter. We have 4 or 5 international matches a year at my club and I shoot them because I'm there. 2 years ago I bought a TOZ for $369 from CDNN and have never shot it because I need to get a left hand grip for it. The guy I loaned it to while I was waiting to get a grip loves it and wants to buy it from me and I am considering that which brings me to my question, eventually.

I have been shooting my Walther SSP in freepistol and have seen my scores improve since I first got it. My last 3 matches this summer have been 531,526,522. Not outstanding but a respectable freepistol score. I have been shooting it as it is set up for standard pistol with a 1000g trigger.

So my question, since I don't practice freepistol and don't have time to practice freepistol should I continue just shooting the SSP or should I try going to an actual freepistol. I borrowed a TOZ from a fellow shooter with a left hand Rink grip and shot it one time and shot 498 or 499. It seems to me that the freepistol was much harder to shoot well and that if you want to shoot a freepistol well you need to shoot it a lot. Not sure I want to spend close to $2000 for a freepistol or another $400 for a grip on the one I have to see my scores go down since I am just a casual freepistol shooter just to say I am shooting a freepistol.

What do you freepistol shooters think?

Scott
Rover

Post by Rover »

Put an ad in the Classifieds here and trade your RH grip for a leftie. You may wish to go to other than your club matches in the future.

You'll have a hard time buying a new FP for what you have in your present one and you can always sell it later.